“TREE-MENDOUSLY REWARDING EXPERIENCE!”

Go Ape Thetford
Ranked #2 of 22 things to do in Thetford
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The original and still the best. Set in the heart of Britain's largest lowland pine forest, our first ever course is centred around 30 miles of bike and walking trails from which to explore 50,000 acres of forest. And the mother of all our courses features our classic Tree Top Adventure, Forest Segways and Tree Top Junior. Our Tree Top Adventure features a NEW Tarzan Swing, back-to-back black crossings (don't worry, they're optional!) and an Alpine zip (that goes from tree to tree). Now that's worth shouting from the tree tops! And the adventure does not need to stop there. You can get off the beaten track and enjoy our forest adventure with Go Ape Forest Segway - an epic experience with a down to earth twist. And Thetford Forest is also home to our Tree Top Junior Adventure for Mini Tarzans. Release your little monkeys onto a Go Ape course designed for them. No one loves adventure more than kids!
Reviewed 15 March 2013

The sense of satisfaction and confidence that comes with negotiating this tree top adventure is immense! I did the course with a group of friends in icy snowy conditions and it was treacherous at times but great fun..not for everybody but everybody should try it! From zip wires to cargo nets, there's no time for nerves here..just get on with it and the feeling of achievement as you fly down the final zip slide will be palpable! The instructors were top class and the whole experience is one I'd recommend!!

Reviewed 15 February 2013

The day was wonderful - despite the vile weather. I have a wonderful photo of my husband having the time of his life !

Reviewed 14 January 2013

This was something different for us and totally new but we liked the idea of clambering around ropes in the tree tops. We felt safe as we had instruction prior to our climb and we were harnessed all the time and the safety instructions are easily followed even by children (over 12 years old). It was fun not too strenuous or dangerous and we intend to go again this year. Shop and BBQ's available and also segway. Plenty of cycle tracks in the forest if you want to bring your own bike, otherwise you can hire.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

We visited last week and the four who did the Go Ape thing really enjoyed it. I can't comment as I am not brave enough for all of that. However I had a lovely walk through the forest and only saw 2 other people on the walk. Very peaceful and quiet. All in all I felt the price was good for Go Ape, as the others were occupied for about 2 1/2 hours and I had a lovely walk.

Reviewed 25 October 2012

The facilities are amazing, but what really left a great feeling about this place is the quality and friendliness of the people who work for Go Ape.