My wife and I had to find a place for a business meeting with a book publisher. He had stated that he wanted somewhere around Thetford. We live in Norwich so had little or no knowledge of hotels there. But thank goodness for tripadvisor!! We found the Thomas Paine Hotel. We had the room to ourselves for a couple of hours, drank lots of tea and coffee, and had very good meeting. Great setting, easy to find, and superb staff. Thanks to staff and Tripadvisor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- FREE WIFI througout the hotel in all of our totally refurbished bedrooms.If you want excellent local meats and seafood then you should visit this ambient restaurant and boutique hotel,our new sizzling dishes tantalite all taste buds, whether you want indian,Chinese or Mediterranean its all here,efficient and friendly service, good local ale and fabulous surroundings you’ll experience this hotel. Recently totally refurbished and under new management, The Thomas Paine Hotel offers a new level of comfort and service. Situated within walking distance of many of the town's attractions, it makes an ideal base for exploring the area or for the businessman needing a good night's sleep. Steeped in history having been the birthplace of Thomas Paine who wrote the Rights of a man, come visit history in its making. Only 30 minutes from Cambridge and 20 minutes from Newmarket excellent for the races. Plenty of free car parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Thomas Paine Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Historical Thomas Paine Thetford
- The Thomas Paine Hotel Thetford, Norfolk