We decided to take an extra night to stay in Thetford on our way to Cambridge via Ely. It was such a good decision as the Thomas Paine Hotel is a fantastic venue! The room we had was very spacious with its own lounge area, lovely outlook and beautifully decorated and furnished. The bathroom was beautiful and the bed very comfortable. The price was reasonable and the location quiet with great off street parking. We could walk to the centre of town in 5minutes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- FREE WIFI SUPERSPEED FIBRE downloads of upto 76 mb throughout the hotel in all of our totally refurbished bedrooms. Extremely popular being a pet friendly property so you don't have to leave your best friends at home, if you want excellent local produce and seafood then you should visit this ambient restaurant and boutique hotel, our fantastic local cuisine with efficient and friendly service, good local ale and fabulous surroundings you’ll experience this hotel. Recently totally refurbished and under new management, The Thomas Paine Hotel offers a new level of comfort and service. Situated within walking distance of many of the town's attractions, it makes an ideal base for exploring the area or for the businessman needing a good night's sleep. Steeped in history having been the birthplace of Thomas Paine who wrote the Rights of a man, come visit history in its making. Only 30 minutes from Cambridge and 20 minutes from Newmarket excellent for the races. Plenty of free car parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, HotelsClick, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Thomas Paine Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Historical Thomas Paine Thetford
- The Thomas Paine Hotel Thetford, Norfolk