The hotel is an old building, with a roaring fire in the restaurant. The food was superb. We were given room number 3, which is the largest in the hotel. It had a 12 foot ceiling and two small chandeliers. The best thing about the hotel, was the staff. They were very friendly and attentive. They really made the effort to make sure you enjoyed your stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- FREE WIFI througout the hotel in all of our totally refurbished bedrooms.If you want excellent local meats and seafood then you should visit this ambient restaurant and boutique hotel,our new sizzling dishes tantalite all taste buds, whether you want indian,Chinese or Mediterranean its all here,efficient and friendly service, good local ale and fabulous surroundings you’ll experience this hotel. Recently totally refurbished and under new management, The Thomas Paine Hotel offers a new level of comfort and service. Situated within walking distance of many of the town's attractions, it makes an ideal base for exploring the area or for the businessman needing a good night's sleep. Steeped in history having been the birthplace of Thomas Paine who wrote the Rights of a man, come visit history in its making. Only 30 minutes from Cambridge and 20 minutes from Newmarket excellent for the races. Plenty of free car parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your The Thomas Paine Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Historical Thomas Paine Thetford
- The Thomas Paine Hotel Thetford, Norfolk