We started off at the Premier Inn but were forced to check out as the rooms were all 30 degrees even at 10pm. We found this hotel online in desperation for some cool air. On arrival the manager was very helpful and gave us a lovely large room with big windows which actually open fully unlike those at the Premier Inn! We will certainly be choosing the Thomas Paine Hotel for any future visits to Thetford.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- FREE WIFI througout the hotel in all of our totally refurbished bedrooms. Extremely popular being a pet friendly property so you don't have to leave your best friends at home, if you want excellent local produce and seafood then you should visit this ambient restaurant and boutique hotel, our fantastic local cuisine with efficient and friendly service, good local ale and fabulous surroundings you’ll experience this hotel. Recently totally refurbished and under new management, The Thomas Paine Hotel offers a new level of comfort and service. Situated within walking distance of many of the town's attractions, it makes an ideal base for exploring the area or for the businessman needing a good night's sleep. Steeped in history having been the birthplace of Thomas Paine who wrote the Rights of a man, come visit history in its making. Only 30 minutes from Cambridge and 20 minutes from Newmarket excellent for the races. Plenty of free car parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Thomas Paine Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Historical Thomas Paine Thetford
- The Thomas Paine Hotel Thetford, Norfolk