“Something Differant”

Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Thetford
Northampton, England, United Kingdom
“Something Differant”
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Whilst on business I usually book into Premier Inns for my overnight stays. However, the local Premier Inn was full when I tried to book. As my business was in Thetford I noticed the Bell Hotel, well I am glad I did. Reception was friendly and polite and the rooms had a quirky charm about them. I had a very good evening meal and a good nights sleep. I was able to do some work in the evening as there was free wifi. Morning breakfast was OK, but did not live up to the evening meal.

A quick tip in that you need to be aware of the narrow steps leading to the bedrooms if you are having to carry more than one bag of luggage. So better to take a couple of trips up the stairs if you have a number of cases.

So if you are looking for somewhere in Thetford to stay you will not go very wrong here.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Jason C, Manager at Bell Hotel, responded to this review, 26 May 2013
Thank you for your comments. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Kent, England
Reviewed 21 May 2013

My wife and I had a very nice overnight stay at the Bell, could'nt find fault anywhere really other than the limited drinks in the Walmington On Sea Restaurant bar, had to go back to the main bar for Guinness!! Very nice, large double room overlooking the river and Captain Mannering, very clean, well maintained and a huge bed. Coffee in the lounge in the afternoon was very relaxing and restaurant food in the evening very good. Great breakfast in the morning, all staff very attentive and polite. Will definitely come back when in the area again. Many thanks to the Bell!!!

Jason C, Manager at Bell Hotel, responded to this review, 25 May 2013
Thank you for your lovely comments. My team and I are glad you had a great stay. We hope to see you again soon
Reviewed 20 May 2013 via mobile

Made up that work had put us here great fan of dads army ,, they stayed here during filming ,, large bed in room which turned out to be 2 single beds screwed together very uncomfortable ,, bin in room not emptied for 3 days cutlery not cleaned and had to ask for clean towels on day 3 also. Breakfast and service poor they serve 1 person at a time even If there's more than 1 at your table ,, 4 complaints 1 morning stale bread for eggs benedict and poorly presented food ,,asked for tea by the time it came had had breakfast and was on way out door ,, I could list complaints all day about hotel but what frustrated me most was the town in the evening ,, no English shops open only Eastern European stores,,to get anything we recognised we had to travel out to the supermarket , overall very diasspointed

• Stayed May 2013
Jason C, Manager at Bell Hotel, responded to this review, 25 May 2013
Thank you for your comments. I am discappointed to here that your stay was not to our normal standards.

I have passed your comments on to the team so they can learn from your issues

I hope this has not put you off the Old English Inns brand

Travellers are raving about these Thetford hotels

Thetford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2013

My friend and I decided to meet up for breakfast this morning at the Bell Hotel Thetford. Absolutely georgous and such good value, Fresh fruit and cereal, then plenty of hot choices to order. Service was also brilliant, well done !!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Jason C, Manager at Bell Hotel, responded to this review, 25 May 2013
Thank you for your comments.

We are known for our cooked breakfasts here at the Bell and its even better when you can get 2 for £9.95

We hope to see you again soon
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2013

My wife and I stayed in the Bell Hotel in April for one night. The hotel is on one of the rivers running through the town so should have been a pleasant spot. We had a very large double room with a comfortable bed and an en-suite bathroom which was very generous. Clean pleasant and quiet. Breakfast was from 0730 - 1000. A sensible time to finish. We had a short walk before breakfast to build up an appetite. We dined in the hotel on the night we arrived and took advantage of the Sunday lunch menu which was available up to 6ish. 2 meals under £10. It was excellent and the wine prices weren't the usual rip-off. The breakfast was very good with good service. Unfortunately the Town was abysmal. Dirty, unkempt, unloved, scruffy and untidy. A huge disappointment as the location should have been idyllic. Stay at the Bell, but don't go out.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the car park - room 10 I think so you could keep an eye on your car. These are t...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Jason C, Manager at Bell Hotel, responded to this review, 16 May 2013
Thank you for writing a lovely review. I am glad to hear that you had a good stay with me and my team.

The council have lots of plan in to bring Thetford to the standards of Bury St Edmunds and Kings Lynn. Hopefully these will all go ahead but in the surrounding area we have lots of lovely places to visit.

We hope to see you again soon
Rotherham
Reviewed 12 May 2013

We are an out of town couple who have stayed at the bell 3 times. We have been quite happy with our stays. The rooms and bathrooms are a little tired and need refurbishing but it doesn't affect our visit. There is a great choice at breakfast.
The only negatives I have are the bar needs to be attended all the time, there were a few times during the evening where people were waiting to be served but no one was available. Another thing was the price of the room , the previous times we had paid £65 but this time it was £105 which is a big jump. We would still stay again because of the convenience. Also the staff are really nice and friendly.

Jason C, Manager at Bell Hotel, responded to this review, 16 May 2013
Thank you for your comments, its great that you enjoyed your stay and you like the hotel to keep returning.

Over the past few months we have had some changes to our rate system and now to get the cheaper rates you have to look a few weeks in advance. The fuller we get the price moves up our table.

Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2013

It started off really well friendly staff and lovely food in the bar but let down by a loud disco which felt like it was in our room loud bass. Bathrooms need to be updated tired and shower not brill.on checking out mentioned loud music no sorry or apology just a comment on he is not normally that loud.

Room Tip: Make sure room is not above function room like ours we were in room 14
Jason C, Manager at Bell Hotel, responded to this review, 16 May 2013
I am sorry to hear that you had a disappointing stay. Here at the Bell we are a very busy and well known wedding venue so have disco's most weekend. I have tried to make sure that all our guest know this before booking wether its an online booking or direct. I will review the wording of this and apologies if either my team did not inform you or the notice about this didn't stand out enough. Thank you for your comment
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thetford
Travelodge Thetford Hotel
#7 of 11 in Bury St Edmunds
Wereham House Hotel
Wereham House Hotel
#5 of 7 in Thetford

Been to Bell Hotel? Share your experiences!