“Fantastic and good value for money.”
Review of Bell Hotel

Bell Hotel
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Thetford
“Fantastic and good value for money.”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Stayed here on the 5th of May 2014 . Room was lovely and clean. Staff were really friendly. Food was delicious and would definitely recommend it to anyone. It was great value for money.Didnt see any ghosts while we were there. The Dad's Army photographs around the hotel were great .

• Stayed May 2014
Richard D, Guest Relations Manager at Bell Hotel, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review The Bell inn and leaving such positive feedback. The team and I are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and found your meal such good value for money. Along with the array of Dads army photographs , we now also have on display, behind reception, our Dads army plaque, given to us by Jimmy Perry in 1999 . Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Absolutely gorgeous and large. steak n ale pie with mash & vegetables. Lomg may they maintain this standard. Very tasty and excellent texture to the pastry. Vegetables had flavour and the gravy was smooth without lumps.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for leaving such positive comments, the kitchen team work very hard to maintain high standards . We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Lowestoft
Reviewed 8 May 2014

This was a Mothers Day outing. Had visited the hotel before, but a long time ago.Finding it is difficult if intending to park especially if using a "SatNav".

The table and time pre-boked and available fifteen minutes early.Restaurant more or less empty, but filled by the time we left..
The menu appeared to be the standard one used by allteh hotels inthe group. Ordering was quick, though delivery not quite so!. Food was hot and nicely presented, even the vegetarian options two of the group had.
Main course tok time arriving, but again, welll presented and hot. Choice of sweets, both hot and cold
Drinks seemed a trifle overpriced. Toilet facilities well kept and clean.. Ample free car parking.

Room Tip: Approchthehotel fromthe west side, East sideis a mze of one way and blocked streets
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review The bell Inn and leaving such a positive comment. The team and I are glad you enjoyed your mothers day meal and we look forward to seeing you again.
southampton
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Just a one night stop over at the Bell. Two rooms, one a superior the other just a basic. Both were to the expected standard for their cost. It was slightly disappointing not to get a four poster bed in the superior room, but this was down to bookings.com and NOT the hotel. I will never again book with bookings.com and I would not recommend them to anyone. There are much better options to book with.
Staff at the Bell were above and beyond what I had expected. Very helpful and nothing was to much trouble. A credit to their management team.
Yes there were one or two tiny things that were not perfect.... drippy sink tap etc. But the way reception responded to being told was refreshing and I was thanked for my help. If no one says when things are wrong hen they can never get fixed I guess.
Breakfast was not included on our booking but we were welcomed into the restaurant and the breakfast was remarkably good for the price. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, the sleep quality was excellent.
The other unexpected quirk of The Bell was that it has links to the Dads Army TV show (that I was unaware of) and that added a little more interest to our weekend break.
Myself, wife two daughters and grandson had a great stay.

Room Tip: Superior rooms with a view over the canal/river.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review The Bell Inn and for giving us such a positive review. It is unfortunate that you had issues with the booking company, for any future bookings please ring the hotel direct and speak to one of the reception team who will happily ensure a smooth and correct booking. Thank you again for taking the time to leave your comments and as you stated it is customer feedback that enables us to move forward. The team and I are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We have just spent three nights at this hotel. We were on the second floor and was offered no help with our bags. There is no lift. There was no telephone in our room and we requested to have one twice but it was ignored. The lighting in the bathroom was inadequate and wifi connection was very poor.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dee23472
Thank you for taking the time to review The Bell Inn. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us, it is reviews such as yours that enable us to impove our service and standards . Your feedback has been passed onto to team and we hope your experience has not put you off future stays with us. Please accept my apologies for the issues you encounterd during your stay.

Travellers are raving about these Thetford hotels

Essex, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel purely to have a rest & that's what I was able to do. My first impression of the hotel was lovely. I was given a warm welcome by the stand in hotel manager, I believe his name is Richard when I arrived at the reception. He came across as being very passionate about the Bell hotel & his job even though he was only standing in at the hotel until the new manager starts. He showed me around the hotel & I was given my key to my room which was in the new part of the building. Every where looked clean on first impression. My room was nice - lovely feature wall, but the bathroom was not as nice & just needed a slight update but that's my opinion. Every thing was functional.
The breakfast & dinner was great & there was a good selection & deals on. Also the staff seemed really nice & helpfull, nothing was too much. I heard about the ghost but was fortunate enough not to have seen it. Richard the manager even though he said he is there only temporary, came across as having a good relationship with his staff, made the guests feel welcome & relaxed. I saw him even give an older couple cushions for their backs as they seemed uncomfortable whilst sitting with their backs against the wall in the bar. It was nice to see a manager go beyond his call of duty to make his guests feel relaxed. I would with no doubt stay at this hotel again. I had a relaxing enjoyable break & look forward to going there again.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Harmony41
Thank you for taking the time to review The Bell Inn and leaving such positive feedback, we have worked hard in all areas of the hotel to ensure our customers recieve high levels of customer service and enjoy their stay with us. Although Richard has now returned to his hotel, we now have our new manager Liam who is committed to ensure our standards remain high and the bell continues to move forward. Thank you again for your positive review and the team and I look forward to seeing you again, on your return visit.
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I stayed here with a mate so we could be close to Snetterton Circuit for the next morning to get an early start. Nice place to stay, clean etc. No complaints. We arrived late and left early, there was plenty of parking.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank MarkLeP87
Thank you for taking the time to review The Bell Inn. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thetford
The Thomas Paine Hotel
#2 of 2 in Mundford
Brandon House
Brandon House
#1 of 1 in Brandon

Been to Bell Hotel? Share your experiences!