“Lovely Sunday Lunch” 4 of 5 bubbles

Franklins Brasserie
Ranked #13 of 66 Restaurants in Thetford
Price range: US$6 - US$25
Cuisines: British, European, Fusion
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Franklins Brassiere awaits you to come and taste some of the most tantalising dishes brought to Thetford by Chef de cuisine of the Sizzling experience with exciting tastes and mixtures not known before locally to Thetford.We also source all our ingredients ourselves, all fish, seafood and meat is carefully picked and brought to the table. We also let you have the choice of our normal dishes but once you have tasted our special Signatures you wont want normal food again, our speciality afternoon teas are a wonderful offering of our excellent British tradition.if you would like a dish that is not on our menu then we will as long as we have the ingredients make you your own bespoke dish. Great desserts including a fantastic range of Movenpick ice creams. Also back is our fantastic Sunday carved meats, succulent and juicy just for your day to relax and sit back with us on your lazy Sunday. Why not pop in and see what you have been missing.
Norfolk, UK
“Lovely Sunday Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Very tasty and resonably priced Sunday Lunch in lovely surroundings with the most friendly and accommodating staff. Food fresh, well cooked, and desserts were more then enough. Looking forward to visiting for afternoon tea next week!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Katemjuk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Norfolk
“(as hotel review) Continues to Amaze !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Once again I am at this great eating place where Chris the head chef continues to create wonderful meals and now afternoon cream tea, never had one like it before, absolutely the best ever! This months special was mexican quesadilla, one of the best things I have ever tasted !

• Visited June 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It is fantastic......”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

We had an excellent stay with fantastic food and great hospitality in very reasonable price.
Thanks to Thomas Paine hotel Thetford.

• Visited May 2014
Gez C, Owner at Franklins Brasserie, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you so much for appreciating our cuisine, we cook only finest local produce with the best ingredients, so if you are into healthy food you will still enjoy our experience, times like now it is very difficult with different diets and requirements but we have managed to capture all this to give you a better experience very time you come back. Thank you once again.
Wickford, United Kingdom
“Disappointing customer care”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

After reading other reports, I am in the minority maybe Chris Lovett was having a bad day, none the less, no excuse for his rudeness. My family wanted to celebrate a birthday for a terminally ill relative. This hotel was unknown to me until I saw on Groupon, their afternoon tea. I viewed their website and decided Sunday lunch at £9.95, would be better. I phoned at 9am today to inquire about a booking for 9 people, I was told Chris Lovett, the manager would phone me back, no return call, so I called this afternoon. From the start of our conversation, he had a very abrupt manner not associated with the hospitality industry. He said they were fully booked for lunch so I said that would provisionally book for tea and call back to confirm. When I called back to confirm I explained that I had seen the Groupon advert and he said it was against Groupon rules for a party of our size. I asked if he could give me a direct discount and he offered a £2.50 reduction from £15pp. I advised we would be paying as separate families so the Groupon offer would apply. He replied, each booking would require the family to phone him and reserve separate tables and he could not ensure they would be together and he certainly couldn't assign us a whole table together. I came off the phone rather ruffled by the lack of customer care so decided that I would speak to the General Manager. On phoning and asking for General Manager, Chris answered the phone and said that he was the Head Chef, I explained why I was canceling my booking and he slammed the phone down mid-way through my conversation. I do hope I receive a reply from this hotel as I am extremely disappointed.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank HelenAnn2014
Gez C, Owner at Franklins Brasserie, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you so much for humiliating yourself on here, but when blackmail is used to get discounts we do not tolerate this this in a manner, we will not accept these malicious comments. anyone who reads our reviews will see that our manager is very professional and gets many compliments, so your review is looked at in shame. we have reported you for this, and suggest you do not use your tactics in any hospitality establishment and not just ours.
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Best place to eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

The food was excellent, cooked to order and both looked and tasted excellent. The service was excellent with the staff helpfull and friendly without being intrusive.

Visited May 2014
Gez C, Owner at Franklins Brasserie, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
We thank you for your feedback and appreciate you taking your time to enjoy our cuisine whilst staying with us, please do let us know when you are back and the bubbly is on me.