“A friendly and comfortable hotel handy for Thetford Forest”

Wereham House Hotel
Wereham House Hotel
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Thetford
UK
“A friendly and comfortable hotel handy for Thetford Forest”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2009

I stayed at the Wereham House Hotel for one night in July 2009 to attend a concert in Thetford Forest.

I found it to be very conveniently located - a 5 minute walk from Thetford train station and a few minutes from the centre of Thetford (where, for those with an interest in history, I would especially recommend visiting the priory and the castle earthworks).

I had an ensuite double room on the first floor and, although the bedroom was quite small, it was clean and comfortable. I particularly appreciated the free wireless network which was available in the room.

This is a small, family-run hotel and I found the owners to be very friendly and helpful. Caroline, for example, very kindly phoned around to find me a taxi to the concert (£24 return) at the last minute (I arrived only a few hours before thinking that I could walk to it but in practice the road close to the forest is busy and has no pavement) and breakfast was extended by 30 minutes the next morning to allow concert-goers a bit of a lie-in.

If I were to be in the area, I would easily stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Grand Junction, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2008

My wife and I stayed at the Wereham last summer while visiting Thetford and other parts of Norfolk. Aside from the fact that Andy was incredibly accomodating and friendly (talked football in his bar and let us play with the dog) it was the best B&B we stayed in our entire trip. Recommendation------get a pizza from down the street and eat in the garden behind the hotel.

Stayed June 2007
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2006

My wife and I wanted to go to Thetford so we called around the hotels in the area. There was a concert on in the forest so all the rooms in the area were taken except for a single room at the Wereham.
The Wereham said they could put another bed in the room so that we could use it as a double. we said yes. But they did not mention that it was a camp bed! The camp bed was tucked under a shelf and blocked off the toilet door.
The decor was old and tired, but the bedding was all clean and real bed comfortable.
For £60 I thought it was a pretty high price.
The street was full of drunks till the small hours which kept me awake. Thats not the hotels fault just a sad reflection of modern Britain.
The owners were friendly and the breakfast was much better than the usual standard of hotel breakfast.
Thetford itself seemed quite rough!

Stayed June 2006
4 Thank hobo-john2000
OwneratWerehamHouse, Owner at Wereham House Hotel, responded to this review, 1 October 2007
The guest was desperate for a bedroom as he had failed to take into account the high demand for rooms caused by the concert. At the time of booking he was advised that it was a single room and there would be an extra bed for the second guest. I think he got an earful from his partner, and this prompted him to forget that he knew full well about the camp bed. Book earlier!!
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2006

We stayed in Thetford as our father passed away there and I must say what friendly and professional people we found Andy and Caroline Blyth to be.
They were very helpful and accomodating in their approach to us.
We wish them all the best and wouldn't stay anywhere else in Thetford given the choice.
Greetings from Amsterdam

• Stayed January 2006, travelled on business
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thetford
The Thomas Paine Hotel
#2 of 2 in Mundford
Riverside House Hotel
Riverside House Hotel
#1 of 5 in Mildenhall

Been to Wereham House Hotel? Share your experiences!