“open golf day”
Review of Whitekirk Golf & Country Club - CLOSED

Whitekirk Golf & Country Club
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Situated in the heart of East Lothian, Whitekirk Golf & Country Club is a great place for all to relax and enjoy a game of golf on our challenging 18 hole course or sample some Scottish cuisine in our bar and restaurant. The club combines a warm welcome and quality service all in an exceptionally beautiful setting in the heart of East Lothian.
Reviewed 16 February 2014

fantastic value for money, both the golf and the sunday carvery , 8 of us played today , great course , very challenging in the wind , made very welcome with the pro shop and the match starter,we stayed for a few hrs afterwards and enjoyed the carvery. the staff are very freindly, polite , and efficient , so for the whole package , whitekirk golf and country club we played it a few years ago at an outing and had a great time then also , so we decided today that we are coming back in august for our outing and booked it for 24 of us ,well done to the staff for making our decision an easy one,
well worth the one and half hours travel, , , ,

Reviewed 5 January 2014

I write this following an experience at Whitekirk on Sat 04/01/14. On Friday 03/01/14 I telephoned the club and enquired about a tee time for 4 on Sat 04/01 I explained we were travelling some 50 miles and was informed there was plenty times available and accepted the offer of 1100. I explained at this time that we would be using vouchers from last years Scottish golf show. On Sat we travelled to Whitekirk and arrived a little early to have a coffee and roll, on entering the club and speaking with what sounded suspiciously like the same male I spoke with the day before we were informed that there was no record of our booking and that there was a shotgun start event on the course and we could not get on I explained wee had travelled some distance and asked if there was any way we could squeeze on, the male in the shop gave the impression that he could not care less and informed us there was no way we could get out and made no effort at all to help. We hung about for a while trying to sort an alternative and were able to see that the course did not appear overly busy. The attitude and assistance of the male in the pro shop has left a lasting poor impression of Whitekirk on me and three others. We contacted another club who were on the evidence we saw far busier than Whitekirk and they managed to get us a game again leaving a lasting impression but of a different kind. The customer service was appalling. If I was able I would have given no stars but must give at least 1.

12  Thank thomsonfamily186525
Whitekirk, Manager at Whitekirk Golf & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Good evening Mr Thomson
I was extremely disappointed to read your review as we work extremely hard to offer our customers an excellent golfing experience and we pride ourselves on our warm welcome. We appreciate all customers regardless if they are utilising the bunkered offer or paying full price green fees. As briefly explained on Saturday, there has obviously been some sort of mix up as our start sheets were fully booked with our annual shot gun start, New Year texas scramble which is open to members and their guests. Although you stated it did not look busy there were 19 teams of 4 competing on the course and we had no option to add any visitors. Our booking system would not allow us to take any reservations for Saturday so I am rather perplexed to what has happened. Our reputation is vastly important and I would like the opportunity to rectify your bad feeling, please give me a call on 01620 870300.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Course is a bit exposed to the wind, but that is part of the challenge. Excellent value for money, on normal greens as well. Very pleasant Staff. Lovely views.

Good evening Ally
Thanks very much for visiting Whitekirk Golf & Country Club and I am delighted that you enjoyed the golfing experience. We would love to welcome you back and we will be delighted to extend our loyalty offer to your group. To book a tee time please contact me directly on 01620 870300. Thanks again, your custom is greatly appreciated.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Arrived to find that the log fire was not on ( previous years we have been there it was very welcoming) staff were very nice and could not do enough for you , the food was ok apart from the veg which was cold , after our meal we went to the lounge for our coffee / tea we had to return them as they were cold . Very disappointed this year , needless to say I do not think we will be returning in the near future

3  Thank Jean G

Good evening Jean
Thank you for your previous custom and I was extremely disappointed to read your review, we strive to offer our customers a great dining experience and this obviously did not happen. The disappointing items are inexcusable and should have never happened. We hugely appreciated the custom and I would like the opportunity to rectify this unsatisfactory situation, please give me a call on 01620 870300.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I visited this Golf and Country club along with my children (12 & 17) and 2 adults. Both boys can eat for Scotland but the ample servings from the Sunday carvery satisfied their hunger. Most importantly, the food was excellent quality and value for money. Service was excellent and there were plenty of staff to answer any questions and offer advice. They were also very pleasant. I would strongly recommend this club for the Sunday carvery!

Whitekirk, Manager at Whitekirk Golf & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Good afternoon Sandy
Thank you very much for your extremely kind review and we are delighted that you enjoyed the dining experience at Whitekirk Golf & Country Club. We look forward to welcoming you back.