“a nice day in northberwick”
Review of The County Hotel

The County Hotel
The County Hotel
Ranked #24 of 26 North Berwick B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 May 2014

cheap and cheerful,staff very friendly my wife and i only dined here food was ok .i had the fresh haddock and the mrs had chicken with haggis,there's no more to say but tripadviser require a minimum of 200.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 April 2014

The bar is the best with this "hotel"!
The beds are awful hard and the smell from the kitchen is right in your rooms!
But it's probably the cheapest hotel in the area.
How ever the location is exellent for a golf holliday or a "city" break.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank GolferfromSweden
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Myself and my daughter went in for something to eat and was surprised once seated. There were 2 dogs in the bar/restaurant area. One was on a leash the other one was walking freely around which I wasn't comfortable with.

We ordered our meals and waited. My starter was mushrooms in a brown sauce overpowering with garlic whilst my daughters soup was like tomato juice warmed up.

Our mains arrived and the portions were huge which I am not complaining about. I had lasagne and it was rather dry and never had much taste. I hardly touched my main meal and my daughter ate some of her gammon steak and chips.
When I went to pay for the meals, I asked if my daughters meal could be wrapped up to go which it was.

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank customer29
Reviewed 21 March 2014

My daughter, who is a committed vegetarian, ordered the mushroom stroganoff, and it was only after taking a few mouthfuls ( the appearance is very similar ), that she realised that it was beef stroganoff, and she left the restaurant for a short period to recover from the shock.
I then asked to speak to the Manager, " Irene ", who, after supporting the suggestion by one of her waiters that it was my daughter's fault, reluctantly agreed that the waiter who took the order was at fault.
She stated that I would not be charged for the stroganoff, as if this was a personal favour to us, but was not prepared to further extend her " apology ", and basically dismissed us - Basil Fawlty lives !

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank 697DOUGLAS
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Me and my husband went for lunch in north berwick and were sure we picked the correct place my husband had steak pie which was out of the world and I has the mcchigfis with pepper sauce with potatoes which was very good scott looked after us we'll looked he looked very busy but was still going about with a smile on his face which was good to see. The lemon cheesecake was nice and coffee and teas were ok. Will be back soon that STEAK PIE is outstanding.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

Went back home to North Berwick for the day and had lunch in the County Hotel. Scot looked after us very well. It took a while for the food to come but it was worth the wait. Egg mayo baguettes and the eggs had just been boiled!!! Would definitely go back.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 20 December 2012

we have stayed here twice and found it to be an ideal base for touring the area. Evening meals and breakfasts are great. Good bus service to surrounding attractions. Staff are helpful. We have recommended to friends.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Nether Abbey Hotel
Nether Abbey Hotel
#2 of 5 in North Berwick
Royal Mackintosh Hotel

Been to The County Hotel? Share your experiences!