“not so lucky!”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The best Cantonese restaurant we've visited
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Ordered a take away always been okay in the past ,but not tonight.Chilli and honey spare ribs were swimming in sauce and couldn't taste the chilli and the other dishes we got all tasted the same.Really disappointed.

4  Thank Caroline S

Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Went here as part of a weekend away. Having been going to north berwick for years, I remember visiting the place years ago in the 90s. Was good to go back again. The food was great. Things are kept simple but effective. Had the king prawn in chilli/garlic/sweet, and also the schezuan shredded chicken. Fried rice, salt & spicy chips, and soft noodles on the side. All perfect and very tasty. Had a bottle of wine (Rioja) which was dearer than others but it was great and you get what you pay for I suppose. Will go back for sure.

1  Thank Fonz82
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

I really love their food. I would definitely visit them again. I recommend them to anyone who love Chinese food. I am Asian but I still love their food. I really dig it. This is like the best Chinese food I've ever had. Amazing stuff.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

We had the 'festive lunch' here, intended as a cheering start to our Christmas break. Had been looking forward to it, as we'd enjoyed a similar meal here a few years ago, had other good experiences eating in the restaurant (again a while back), and eaten decent takeaway more recently. But this was almost entirely awful. Tasteless turkey and sweetcorn (actually mixed vegetable) soup; over-fried spare ribs, chicken wings, etc; lemon chicken with some sticky red gloop and some nice sea bass. The second worse meal in more than 40 years of eating Chinese. We were, perhaps unsurprisingly, the only customers for most of our visit.

3  Thank EllenT
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Brilliant food, really helpful friendly staff. We have tried chinese food in many restaurants and we always return to our favorite - the Lucky House - the best Chinese in East Lothian.

1  Thank kaye62