“Always good”

Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
“Always good”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We regularly visit JPs for coffee and cake and are never disappointed. We especially enjoy the window seat, watching the world go by. Very friendly service, good value. The deli is very well stocked as well.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Karen W

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Welcome addition for a dinner date in North Berwick”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

4 of us visited for dinner on Saturday night, this is a new concept for them, opening the deli/coffee shop various evenings ( I think Saturday only but not 100% sure ) I think it will be a huge success. The food was fantastic, delicious and very well presented. Whilst not as formal as Osteria and with a smaller menu choice, the food was every bit as good, the table cloths and candles made for a relaxed environment. Bill came to around £200 but that did include 3 bottles of wine !
We will definitely return. A welcome addition to North Berwick for an evening out.

• Visited April 2014
“Very friendly atmosphere”
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

I have only been in here a few times for coffee with friends but always found it a very pleasant place to be. The scones are delicious and the quiches are to die for. There are not a lot of tables so the place can fill up very quickly. It is also an excellent delicatessen where you can buy many delights which cannot be found anywhere else in the town.

Visited March 2014
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“What a treat”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

My husband and I have moved up to Edinburgh and are exploring the wonderful places around here. Had a trip out to North Berwick and called in to JPs Deli quite by chance. What an absolute gem of a place. The food was superb - we'd had a good long walk on the beach and thoroughly enjoyed the ham shank and chicken soup followed by a round of sandwiches. The waiter was pleasant, cheerful and polite. When I asked to buy a jar of the chutney that I had had in my delicious cheese and chutney sandwich they had, unfortunately, run out but he filled a sterile container so that I could take some home to enjoy. That is what I call service. May I also say what a lovely friendly and clean town North Berwick is. Lucky people to live there and we will definitely be back and enjoying lunch here again. Brilliant.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Edinburgh g
Edinburgh
“Brilliant!”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Stopped in today, had some lovely soup and salad. The deli is now called JP's, service was fab and the staff couldn't have been more helpful.
I am gluten free but nothing was a problem and the lady who served us went out of her way to make sure everything was okay, what a treat to get service like this!
We'd been to several places looking or gluten free luch till we happened to try JP's, we will definitely be back!!

• Visited November 2013