I stayed with my daughter four days. The room we had was great, with a nice view, but chilly temperatures inside. The outside temperature was 12-13° so it was only 17° inside. The central heating was off and we had to work with a tiny elecrical heater. (one night the heating was working?!).
The spa is fine, but has to be cleaned more thoroughly.
The receptionists are polite and helpful.
Lets talk about the service in reataurant and bar: It is a dead loss!!!
Waiting, waiting, waiting......disorganized and unpolite!
There had been so many mistakes and errors made, it would take to long to go in detail.
Overall, nice to stay but do avoid the bar or restaurant!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Marine Hotel & Spa boasts everything you could need for a short break on the Scottish coast. Our luxurious spa offers rejuvenating Elemis treatments performed by highly trained therapists. Experience award-winning dining in our restaurant or relax in our lounge while taking in the view over the Firth of Forth. Your guaranteed a great night sleep in our stylish bedrooms, exactly what you need after a day on one of the many surrounding world-class golf courses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Macdonald Marine Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Marine Hotel And Spa
- Macdonald Marine Hotel North Berwick
- Hotel Macdonald Marine
- Berwick Hotel Marine North
- Macdonald Marine Hotel & Spa North Berwick, Scotland