“Excellent first experience”
Review of Seacliff Stables

Seacliff Stables
More attraction details
Owner description: Come and enjoy the stunning views and scenery in some of Scotland's best countryside on horseback. There is minimum traffic as we only ride on private land. Many of our horses are home-bred, with a range to suit all levels and abilities. The horses are trustworthy school masters which allows beginners, nervous riders and children to gain experience and confidence. We also cater for the more capable riders as we have a large range of experienced competition horses to suit each individual.We also have pony days where children can enjoy looking after and caring for a pony whilst learning true horsemanship. Keep looking at website or facebook page for updates on pony days.We can also offer this experience to adults who have missed out on this in their junior years whether it be individual or groups! If you have a young child wishing to have a go then we also offer half an hour rides.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Excellent first experience”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We were staying in a Harvest Moon tent nearby and I wanted my two boys to have their first pony riding experience at somewhere reputable. I was certainly not disappointed. We booked a 30 minute ride and I was impressed by the professionalism of the stables and staff from the offset. Having been involved with horses most of my childhood, I'm more than aware of all the 'bad' places out there and it was refreshing to find somewhere which obviously looked after their horses extremely well. Obviously I can't comment on the riding experience an adult may have, but if the care and attention given to my two boys was anything to go by I can only think it would be very positive. Both boys were happy and confident throughout and were given as much information as appropriate for their age. The emphasis was on them enjoying the ride, which is what you want when starting out. I wouldn't hesitate to visit Seacliff again and would recommend them. At £17 per child for 30 minutes it's not cheap, but if you care about the quality of care the animals are receiving then you have to be prepared to pay a fair price. Not cheap, but certainly value for money.

Visited April 2014
3 Thank Andrew R

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best Riding By Far”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We are regular visitors to Seacliff Stables and most recently visited yesterday with 2 of my children and their friends. As usual we were not disappointed! The children had a wonderful hours ride through beautiful countryside and down to the beach. The ponies are very well behaved and very well cared for and the staff are kind, caring and chatty.
The children were encouraged to help get their ponies ready and were allowed to brush them and give them a treat at the end, which they all loved. They are all desperate to return! I have been riding all my life and love to come to Seacliff too - it is truly a cut above any other riding stables in the area. Highly recommend!

Visited April 2014
2 Thank LHScotland
London, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Fantastic New Year Ride”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Had a fantastic ride at Seacliff Stables during New Year 2013/2014. Carole was a fantastic guide and the horses were super. Something for everyone here. Horses all of character and substance. Highlight was the ride along the beach in the cool winter sunshine.
Looking forward to coming again next year!

Visited January 2014
2 Thank es488
Exeter, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Riding Dec 2013”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We had so much fun! My boyfriends first time on a horse is one to remember, not many places will take out an experienced rider and a novice on the same hack but Carol was so accommodating even allowing us to cancel on the day if the weather was bad! Stunning views and very well kept/trained horses! We will be going back!

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Katie W W
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The best hack I've been on!”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

What an amazing experience! The horses are lovely, the staff are friendly and the views and experience of today's hack are one I shall never forget (and I will definitely be back for more!). Seacliff Stables are truly wonderful and I strongly recommend it for anyone who fancies a once in a lifetime experience.

Visited December 2013