“Best day in Scotland!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of GoForth Tours

GoForth Tours
Ranked #2 of 7 Tours in North Berwick
More attraction details
Owner description: Nobody knows their home turf like a local. And nobody knows the North Berwick area better than GoForth. The "North Neuk"s twenty miles of rock skerries embacing long beaches has it all-towering castles and elegant estates, birdsong peace and teeming wildlife, supersonic airliners and vintage cars. Be prepared for something memorably different.
Mesa, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best day in Scotland!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

OMG! I am from North Berwick, Maine, USA so on a recent visit to Scotland I had to visit North Berwick. My friend and I took the train from Edinburgh. When we got there we were looking at a map trying to figure out how to get to the Scottish Seabird Centre. We were obviously new to the area, a man took pity, introduced himself (Dave), and asked if he could help. He gave a small map and showed us where we needed to go. I told him where I was from (he had been there), I asked if he was part of the No Berwick Pipe Band (my sister told me to find a member) and he offered to take us to a member's house. Long story short, band member was busy so we took a short tour with Dave of GoForth Tours. Please note that there was no hard sell. He offered help, was so nice, a great ambassador for the town of North Berwick and for Scotland. He was also very informative about the area. When the tour was over he dropped us off at the Seabird Centre. When we were almost back at the train station Dave pulled up and asked if we still wanted to meet the band member (he had called Dave to say he was available) so off we went to be welcomed like family. Both men sat and chatted with us, told us of the history of the area and talked of the pipe band's visit to Maine. It was the best day of a great visit to Scotland. I would recommend Dave and Go Forth Tours to anyone and everyone.

Visited June 2014

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great Operator”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

We had a great day today through Berwick and to the museum of flight with Dave. Family had a great time and we really enjoyed it. Really knowledgable and a very nice region to explore. I really nice way to see the region if you want a private tour with a local... Thanks mate!

Visited February 2014
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“"A trip to remember"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

This trip was a great way to spend the afternoon, my friends and I thouroughly enjoyed all the scenic spots and Dave's indepth knowledge of the history of East Lothian. After the first beautiful stop at Canty Bay beach with views of the Bass Rock, we then headed to Tyningham to a quaint tearoom for a hot drink and scone, after this we headed to a few more historical areas before reaching Hailes Castle, here we had a fantastic time wandering in, out and around the grounds of the castle. Dave was a great guide for the day and was very flexible in taking us to points of our interest. The tour was relaxed, friendly and most of all good fun, I would reccommend it to both locals and visitors of the East Lothian area. Being a local myself, I was exposed to a wide array of information about my home county that I never knew. Thanks to Dave for making it a special day for us.

Visited May 2013
North Berwick, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A hidden gem.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

My wife and i took two friends from Vermont who had expressed a wish to know more about North Berwick and East Lothian. Not only did our friends describe the tour as awesome, but we locals learned so much that we had never known before. Clearly Dave who conducts the tours personally, has an encyclopaedic knowledge of the are and its history, but he has a passion for sharing his knowledge with others. Great value, and a great experience, I particularly appreciated Dave's willingness to vary the tour to include anything we particularly wanted to see. Would we Go Forth again? Definately.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Sandpiper242
Hatfield, United Kingdom
“Private Tour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

My wife and I had a great time on a private tour of the area surrounding N. Berwick during the Fringe Festival. Our host was able to give us a running commentary on local people, land owners, history of various villages and land marks. As we went around we also got to enjoy a couple of stops at out of the way tea shops. Our very aimiable and happy guide obviously enjoyed sharing his love of the area.
Two suggestions we've made to him is to improve the means for the people at the back of the bus to hear better and have a map of the area available to help us see the route we were taking.
A great way to see the area in the short time we had.

Visited August 2013