The main issue, as an another reviewer pointed out, is the price charged for this accommodation. Attic room price (£100) should be substantially less than the price of rooms on the other floors. There was a good sized bathroom with shower but no bath yet the attic room itself is large, and you need 20.20 vision to be able to see detail on the the TV screen. Also noise from central heating boiler and pipes makes it difficult if not impossible to get a decent sleep. Breakfast was not as exceptional as other reviewers have suggested. Certainly warm enough, as the whole building is constantly heated. The owners did not appear on the scene or make any contact with guests at any time, even although they have other businesses in the town, however their staff do a good job and are very helpful.
There is not enough information on the website to tell you important stuff like: No bath, Takes pets, Exactly where the car park is, and the fact that there is no obvious signage at the rear of the property. The owners should perhaps revisit their 5 year old re-design, or amend their pricing policy. Describing it as a "stopover" struck me as odd. Wouldn't you want people to stay longer? Shame really, as it could be good value.
The ground floor is a cafe during the day which doubles as the breakfasting area. Staircase to the room is via the common entrance. Key card for the room, brass trad key for the common entrance door when the cafe is closed - again this type of info should be on the website, but isn't.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No 12 Quality Street B&B is bed and breakfast accommodation with a unique, homely, hotel experience and a recently refurbished bistro style restaurant- Signals Bistro. Our bedrooms and en suites have been refurbished in 2015. Family owned and operated we welcome individuals, groups and families to No. 12 Quality Street where personal service and attention to detail is our number one priority. No. 12 Is situated in the heart of North Berwick, just a stone's throw from some of the town's many attractions, and just 20 miles from Edinburgh. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline and Hotel.de so you can book your No. 12 Quality Street B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- No. 12 Quality Street Hotel North Berwick
- No. 12 Quality Street B&B North Berwick, Scotland