“Lovely Bedroom but breakfast disappointing”

No. 12 Quality Street B&B
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in North Berwick
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Lovely Bedroom but breakfast disappointing”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at this B&B for one night. We asked for a room away from the road, as we are light sleepers and were given a lovely, large orom on the top floor to the rear. Room was nicely furnished, large bed, tea/coffee making facilities and a bathroom with a shower only. I thought the room was lovely.
Unfortunately I thought the breakfast was disappointing. The staff were pretty rushed off their feet so service abit slow. No fruit, yogurts, pastries, only orange juice on offer, limited range of cereals. The cooked breakfast was nice though.
All in all, I would recommend the B&B, although think it is on the pricey side for what you get, £120.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask for a room to the rear of the B&B.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Judith186534
Danni M, Owner at No. 12 Quality Street B&B, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thank you very much for your review. I am so glad you liked the room you were given, however I do apologise for the experience you had with breakfast. If I remember correctly, you stayed around the time we just opened Signals Bistro so we were very busy with curious locals! I have taken your points into consideration and we now serve fruit and yoghurts in our continental breakfast. We do like feedback from all our customers so we can improve it for future visits. I hope this experience does not stop you from returning and it will give us the opportunity to prove your breakfast experience will not be the same as last time.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

From the moment I arrived for my three night stay Danni and Sean were the perfect hosts.
They were very courtious and helpful at all times. Danni even supplied a jug of milk for my tea following my evening stroll along the beautiful North Berwick coastline. The location is perfect and breakfast was delicious with plenty of choice on offer. I would certainly stay again, only next time for longer!

Room Tip: Room was kept spotless
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Danni M, Owner at No. 12 Quality Street B&B, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
We are very happy you enjoyed your visit. We do provide the best service we can and make sure all our customers have a comfortable stay. We look forward to seeing you in September when you come back!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

As part of a 300 mile cycle we stayed at 12 Quality St and had one of the best stays of our trip. The rooms were perfect - clean, very comfortable, spacious. Dinner was excellent as was the tremendous breakfast - really good selection for the vegetarian amongst us. A perfect place to relax. The best thing however are the staff. Steph was very helpful checking us in and dealing with our bikes. Danni and Sean were perfect hosts and couldn't do enough for us. Never before has the phrase 'going the extra mile' been more appropriate. Nothing was too much trouble for them. I can't recommend highly enough. We'll definitely be back.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank PaulJam1
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully we will see you again but next time for longer :)
Aberdeen
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Excellent Location and very friendly service. Also hotel is pet friendly which was ideal for me as travelling with my dog. Had an overnight stay in a single room but i found it a bit small with having my dog with me so next time I will upgrade to a double.

Breakfast was excellent and great choices on the menu.

Defo would stay here again. The only niggle I have is the wifi access has no signal in your room and only worked downstairs. Also the freeview signal was poor and was retricted to only 3 channels on the TV. Apart from this small niggles I have no bad points.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for your review. The single rooms are slightly smaller so if you prefer more space then I would definitely recommend upgrading to a double. The Wi-Fi I agree is not the best as the building is so old it is hard for the connection sometimes to get through the walls. Unfortunately there is not a lot we can do about this. I find the connection is sometimes better in different areas of the room. We look forward to you staying with us again.
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 17 April 2014

8 golfers had a good stay at 12QS. The hotel is under refurbishment and that is unfortunately taking away the top grade here as the restaurant was closed and thus cooking facilities was down. We had breakfast served in a big family room, but this worked ok. Danni and Sean (new owners just taken over this hotel) did what they could to make our stay as good as possible, so hats off to them, but we love the full scottish breakfast when we are golfing all day and this we could not get.

The rooms where big and good, even if I guess a touch of paint and fixes is wise here as well (doubles). The single rooms are small, but 100% ok. Internet and TV works well. Some of us had some issues with the showers with no hot water or no water at all. That is hopefully fixed soon for guests coming in.

Location is perfect if you will like to see the town. We also could walk to North Berwick Golf Course and also to Glen Golf Course (also known as NB West). We had dinner every night at Zitto next door and can recommend that restaurant.

We would probably book here again next time if we know things are fixed and the refurbishment is finished :-). Good luck to the new owners!

Room Tip: Rooms on the front side of the hotel will be a bit disturbed by church bell ringing every hour. My r...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your review. We are now up and running with a full downstairs refurbishment where you can get breakfast, lunch and dinner. We have also had new water tanks put in so all showers are working and hot! We understand the frustration of no cooked breakfast as it is so good but everything is now fixed so hopefully we will see you again next year.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2014

This little gem has just been taken over by newly weds Danni and Sean. You can see that they are improving everything in the small boutique B&B. Mum and Dad are also heavily involved and improvement of standard is the key phrase. Stayed overnight last week and could not have been treated better. If you need top quality accommodation in NB you need look no further. Shame about the Italian restaurant next door.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Peter P
Thank you very much for your review. Our refurbishment is now complete so you can have breakfast, lunch and dinner here so we hope to see you again soon.
Scotland
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Not sure if I wrote about the No 12 the last time I stayed. So just in case here's a mention of this lovely little hotel again. First of all I was born and raised in North Berwick, and although only 100 miles away I don't get back often enough. So much to do lovely restaurants and this little gem is situated right on the bottom of the High Street.

The rooms are lovely and clean, Room 4 is probably my favourite although Nos1 and 2 have great views over the front of the hotel so you can people watch! Front door key as well as a room key given to you so you can come and go as you please. Staff on site to help at any time, they are so friendly and helpful.

Booking in took no time at all. Shown to our room, dumped the case, and had a wander to the harbour.
Plenty to do the day we were there. A good nights sleep even thought the town clock does chime!!!

Breakfast is in the dining room down stairs and the smell of coffee wafting up the stairs was very welcoming - think someone had a few wines for her birthday! We had a cooked Scottish breakfast - with the haggis - and as much coffee and tea as you wanted, and you are not rushed.

We will definately be back. Love this place, as I said it is a little gem. Many thanks for looking after us

Room Tip: Our friends had room 4 it is really special with a super view over the roof tops down to the sea.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We do everything we can to make our customer's stay's as nice and relaxing as possible. We now serve lunch and dinner (I think it was only breakfast when you were here) so hopefully you will stay again and eat with us. We look forward to your next visit!
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Berwick
#3 of 3 in Dunbar
Dunmuir Hotel
Dunmuir Hotel
#1 of 3 in Dunbar

Been to No. 12 Quality Street B&B? Share your experiences!