“Relaxing”

No. 12 Quality Street B&B
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in North Berwick
“Relaxing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

First overnight say away in along time. Really enjoyed it, great, relaxing family feel to the place. The room was immaculate and a good amount of space with plenty storage areas. Was happy to see heavy curtains blocking out the light giving a great nights sleep. Had an amazing dinner in the restaurant and a lovely breakfast in the morning. Great, attentive staff throughout the restaurant and hotel. Will gladly stay again. Thanks

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank chefbaz
Danni M, Owner at No. 12 Quality Street B&B, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thank you very much I am glad everything was perfect for you and we hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Arrived in North Berwick by car and had no end of trouble finding the B&B. Our search was hindered by the amount of traffic, no where to park and the lack of a sign advertising the B&B (this was later pointed out to us but was impossible to see from your car when driving past. So my advice if you don't know where the B&B is, park up and go on foot. However parking up is easier said than done in North Berwick in the summer!! Right so let's talk about the B&B: first the good points. The full breakfast is one of the best we have ever had, bacon sausage egg black pudding haggis and potato cake. Not a sign of grease on the very hot plate it was served on. The staff very friendly and accommodating from the chamber maid who replaced our broken kettle to the dining room staff for whom nothing was too much trouble. Our room which was on the top floor and at the front was large with a very large comfortable bed. We had no issues with
noise but some minor niggles with the room furniture which we reported and hopefully these will be addressed by the management. All in all a comfortable stay and somewhere we shall revisit.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank puhsi
Thank you for your review. We understand the signing for No12 Quality Street was quite vague so we did take that on board and now have much clearer sign for the B&B so it is a lot easier to find. Our staff are all here to make your stay as enjoyable as possible so I am very happy they did this. All your comments are taken on board along with all our other customers and during the winter the rooms will be getting refurbished. We do hope to see you again in the near future.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I was taken to No 12 as a birthday treat. The room we were given was spacious , spotless and had everything you need for an overnight stay. We had dinner in the restaurant which was great and the fresh lobster was amazing. For breakfast i had the scrambled egg and smoked salmon and again was delicious . Thank you Danni and Sean for making our stay so enjoyable and will definitely be back

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank weemidge82
I am so glad you enjoyed your Birthday visit. We do take pride in how clean our rooms are as to us this is very important for an enjoyable stay. I am also very happy you liked the food from Signals Bistro. The Lobster is delicious and one of our most popular dishes. We hope to see you for your next birthday if not sooner!
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at this B&B for one night. We asked for a room away from the road, as we are light sleepers and were given a lovely, large orom on the top floor to the rear. Room was nicely furnished, large bed, tea/coffee making facilities and a bathroom with a shower only. I thought the room was lovely.
Unfortunately I thought the breakfast was disappointing. The staff were pretty rushed off their feet so service abit slow. No fruit, yogurts, pastries, only orange juice on offer, limited range of cereals. The cooked breakfast was nice though.
All in all, I would recommend the B&B, although think it is on the pricey side for what you get, £120.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask for a room to the rear of the B&B.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Judith186534
Thank you very much for your review. I am so glad you liked the room you were given, however I do apologise for the experience you had with breakfast. If I remember correctly, you stayed around the time we just opened Signals Bistro so we were very busy with curious locals! I have taken your points into consideration and we now serve fruit and yoghurts in our continental breakfast. We do like feedback from all our customers so we can improve it for future visits. I hope this experience does not stop you from returning and it will give us the opportunity to prove your breakfast experience will not be the same as last time.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

From the moment I arrived for my three night stay Danni and Sean were the perfect hosts.
They were very courtious and helpful at all times. Danni even supplied a jug of milk for my tea following my evening stroll along the beautiful North Berwick coastline. The location is perfect and breakfast was delicious with plenty of choice on offer. I would certainly stay again, only next time for longer!

Room Tip: Room was kept spotless
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Danni M, Owner at No. 12 Quality Street B&B, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
We are very happy you enjoyed your visit. We do provide the best service we can and make sure all our customers have a comfortable stay. We look forward to seeing you in September when you come back!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

As part of a 300 mile cycle we stayed at 12 Quality St and had one of the best stays of our trip. The rooms were perfect - clean, very comfortable, spacious. Dinner was excellent as was the tremendous breakfast - really good selection for the vegetarian amongst us. A perfect place to relax. The best thing however are the staff. Steph was very helpful checking us in and dealing with our bikes. Danni and Sean were perfect hosts and couldn't do enough for us. Never before has the phrase 'going the extra mile' been more appropriate. Nothing was too much trouble for them. I can't recommend highly enough. We'll definitely be back.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank PaulJam1
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully we will see you again but next time for longer :)
Aberdeen
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

Excellent Location and very friendly service. Also hotel is pet friendly which was ideal for me as travelling with my dog. Had an overnight stay in a single room but i found it a bit small with having my dog with me so next time I will upgrade to a double.

Breakfast was excellent and great choices on the menu.

Defo would stay here again. The only niggle I have is the wifi access has no signal in your room and only worked downstairs. Also the freeview signal was poor and was retricted to only 3 channels on the TV. Apart from this small niggles I have no bad points.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for your review. The single rooms are slightly smaller so if you prefer more space then I would definitely recommend upgrading to a double. The Wi-Fi I agree is not the best as the building is so old it is hard for the connection sometimes to get through the walls. Unfortunately there is not a lot we can do about this. I find the connection is sometimes better in different areas of the room. We look forward to you staying with us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Berwick
#3 of 3 in Dunbar
Dunmuir Hotel
Dunmuir Hotel
#1 of 3 in Dunbar

Been to No. 12 Quality Street B&B? Share your experiences!