“First class in every way”

Iwood Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 7 Heathfield B&B and Inns
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“First class in every way”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I was with a party of 4 cyclists doing the Avenue Verte route which passes through Heathfield. After a very wet day it was such a relief to arrive to such a warm welcome. All our needs were catered for and Audrey and Jack very helpful. Stunning breakfast and a sad goodbye the morning after. Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
audrey m, Owner at Iwood Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
You did have a difficult journey with the condition of the cycle route at the time and the least we could do was help with the clean up operation ready for the next day. It was our pleasure to welcome you to the comfortable surroundings of Iwood and you all looked much happier next morning as you set off of the next leg of your journey. Thank you for stopping with us for the night and sharing your views with others.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I have stayed with Audrey and Jack a number of times when working, but this time it was for pleasure....and I bought my parents too (as I like Iwood B&B so much)!! Everything is always so nice about this B&B - clean, quiet, comfy beds and great breakfast....plus Audrey and Jack are always such welcoming hosts! What was only a two night break felt like a whole weeks rest!! Iwood B&B is a great location for visiting Rudyard Kipling's home (Bateman's), Eastbourne and Rye. Heathfield also has a great range of local shops....and Café Rasoi is always a favourite. Hope I can come back soon....as my little retreat!! Thank you Audrey and Jack!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
audrey m, Owner at Iwood Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
It was truly like receiving an old friend when you came to stay and invited your parents to join you. Wonderful to see you again and hear your news. Thank you for taking the time to put your review on Trip Advisor for us - and such a glowing one too. We will of course be delighted to see you any time here at Iwood sso please don't leave it too long.
Harrow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife, mother and I stayed for one night whilst visiting the Glyndebourne opera house. Our stay there was most enjoyable and Audrey and Jack went out of their way to make us feel at home the whole time we were there. Unfortunately I had a nasty chest infection and upon arrival Audrey noticed this and kindly quickly brought up a hot honey and lemon drink to the room which helped me feel better. The rooms were very comfortable - my wife and I enjoyed a sound night's sleep in the spacious twin room and my mother likewise in the single room opposite. Breakfast the following morning was excellent, especially Audrey's delicious home made jams. We enjoyed chatting to the other guests (a friendly Australian couple) and also to Audrey and Jack who were very kind and helpful. We will definitely recommend this to our family and friends and will definitely come back again when we are in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Nigel W
audrey m, Owner at Iwood Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to add such a positive review on our trip advisor page. I am so pleased to hear the "old fashioned" remedy helped with your night's sleep and that you found Iwood so friendly and comfortable. It will be a pleasure to see you back here the next time you are in East Sussex.
Hamilton, New Zealand
Reviewed 8 May 2014

My daughter and I stayed at the Heathfield B&B in April. We are not people that normally like B&B'S but we thought it was lovely. We were sharing a twin room and it was very spacious and the linen was wonderful. The room was decorated beautifully and was comfortable. Audrey and Jack were great hosts, friendly and welcoming and not intrusive. The breakfast was just beautiful and we sat with another couple and really enjoyed the experience. We would not hesitate recommending this accommodation to anyone traveling to East Sussex.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
audrey m, Owner at Iwood Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Thank you for putting your review about Iwood on Trip Advisor. We do appreciate people taking the time to let others know about us. It was lovely to have you stay at Iwood and we are so pleased that you liked the linen and the decor in the room. Maybe one day we will see you back here and it will be our pleasure.
Bedford
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Stayed for one night as part of cycling trip from London to Paris on Avenue Verte (its 75 miles , took us 12 hours including breaks, leaving 25 miles to Newhaven, which took us 3 hours including a puncture). Comfortable rooms good showers and a few restaurants within 15 minute walk. Woke to a great breakfast that set us up for the day, and Audrey and her husband were charming.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
audrey m, Owner at Iwood Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Many thanks for letting future guests know about Iwood who may be travelling on the Avenue Verte. It was lovely to have you stay with us and "the breakfast" is an essential if you are using all that energy when you leave Iwood. Well done for completing the trip and thank you for staying with us.
Stewarton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I am just back from a two night stay at IWOOD and can honestly say it is the best B&B I have stayed in. Audrey and Jack were fantastic hosts, friendly without being intrusive. I stayed in the single room which had everything I needed and was clean, comfortable and warm. Breakfast was delicious and I enjoyed my chats with Audrey. Rarely have I had such a good nights sleep when away from home. The hosts really go the extra mile to make your stay extremely pleasant. I felt I was in the company of friends and would definitely recommend this B&B to anyone who needs accommodation in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
audrey m, Owner at Iwood Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
It was our pleasure to have you stay with us at Iwood and I was lucky to have time to spend hearing all your news. We are always delighted when guests take the time to add their review so thank you very much especially as you were so pleased with your stay at Iwood. We look forward hopefully to welcoming you back here sometime.
Lumberton, Texas
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We found Iwood while looking for accommadations for our son's wedding. I had never stayed in a B & B, so I was a little apprehensive. The owners, Audrey and Jack, welcomed us into a beautiful room with a private bath overlooking the countryside. The bed was comfortable as was the room. We had a key to our room and the front door so we could come and go as we pleased. A menu for breakfast was left each day and the owners were attentive to our every need. Our 3 night stay turned into a 5 night stay. They were conveniently located near the Sussex coast and Heathfield High Street with great shops!! As our stay ended, we felt like we were leaving old friends. We will definitely be back and highly recommend this for all travelers.

Room Tip: Sorry accidentally chose swimming pool and there wasn't one