“Never heard anything so rude in my life!”

The Earl of St Vincent
Ranked #36 of 68 Restaurants in Wadebridge
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Didn't even make it from the porch to the front door when a very rude lady came straight up to us no hello or good afternoon. Just she's welcome (my baby) but the pushchairs not! I asked where shall we put it, to be told back in the car, we explained we had walked and so where should we put it. On the pavement we were told! Excuse me! The pub had 3 tables of people in and was very quiet. We wanted to sit outside anyway so wouldn't of been a problem. Disgusted. We ate anyway as had walked a good 20 minutes and no where else that side of town. Food average pub grub, glasses dirty. Will not return in a hurry.

4  Thank JPAY789

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I cannot remember how many times we have been with our friends to The excellent Earl of St Vincent but when we visit our friends in Redmoor we always visit, we have always been delighted with the meals that we have had, we decided against a starter the meals are all on the excellent value for money side so we did not wish to dull our appetites, Four steaks were ordered four steaks were consumed and all up to the very high standard that we have become used to. The result four clean plates not a chip, broccoli floret, mushroom or carrot remained on the plate. A brief interlude and sweets were chosen the sweets themselves are all I am sure delicious at least the ones that I have eaten, however trying to pacify me with fresh cream and ice cream good though it was does not take away my desire for custard, sorry folks they simply do not serve custard I have asked, pleaded and begged for custard and the answer is always a firm no. The lady that serves the drinks and serves the tables does a fab job and fortunately she has a good sense of humour and we always enjoy a little banter with her, we always leave and thank her for the lovely food. My suggestion is go try this lovely pub and enjoy the excellent food, oh! and if you enjoy clocks you will love this place. Give it a try we love it. :)

Reviewed 29 January 2014

When booking a table for two on a weekday, I was made to feel like they were extremely busy and that 7 was the only time they could do. I was therefore very shocked when I walked into an empty restaurant. After only being sat at our table for 5 minutes, the woman serving us was extremely rude and completely rushed us with our order. We asked politely for a further 5 minutes and complimented her on the menu choices. Without even a smile she walked off. She then returned two minutes later being just as miserable as before. We confronted her about how we felt rushed, unwelcome and she showed absolutely no sympathy. After making my girlfriend cry with her rudeness we paid for our drinks and left without getting round to eating anything. I WILL NEVER BE RETURNING TO THE PLACE AGAIN! They clearly don't need the business to treat friendly customers like that.

2  Thank Sarah L
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Had dinner here with friends just after Christmas. The starters were very nice, the crab salad in particular was great. They do a great range of steaks..my tournedos Rossini was fabulous and my girlfriends steak was tender and perfectly cooked.....but the pieces of raw garlic on top of the steak were an odd thing to add!!!

The pudding however did spoil what had been a very good meal, a piece of cheesecake that had clearly been defrosted from the freezer and allowed to sit for a while as the biscuit base was wet and soggy.

Overall a good pace to eat with a quirky atmosphere because of the fascinating range of clocks and nice food....but homemade puddings would make it nigh on perfect.

1  Thank Graham E
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Tried to book this place for a family meal was quite rudely told we don't have high chairs and don't do a children's menu!!! Will definitely not bother going here.