“Unbelievably poor” 2 of 5 bubbles

The Dancing Taipan Restaurant
Ranked #37 of 63 Restaurants in Wadebridge
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Buffet, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Melton Mowbray, United Kingdom
“Unbelievably poor”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

I have no hesitation in nominating our meal there as the worst we have ever experienced at a Chinese restaurant.
We visited Wadebridge and wanted to experience the local restaurants and were advised that we would enjoy the 'eat all you can eat off the menu' for £16 per head. When you consider that nominal chicken dishes that would cost c£8 in most town restaurants actually cost £12 here then the promotion is not quite the bargain it might appear
I had hot and sour soup which is my favourite starter, and it was basically a bowl of orange water with diced onions and lumps of chicken. No hint of hot or sour at all - quite indescribable really.
My main course of chicken and black bean sauce was just about passable,the chicken had a distinct stewed taste and the sauce not strong enough to enhance it.
Mt wife had two miserly portions of prawn toast and another chicken dish that she did not enthuse about at all.
So, for about 4 spoons of soup, 2 slices of prawn toast and two half-eaten main dishes we were charged £32. Beggars belief!
My complaining resulted in the soup being deducted from the bill but overall I rate the quality presented to us as very,very poor indeed.
An experience never to be repeated,I can assure you

• Visited May 2014

Vancouver, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Jem in Cornwall”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

Very Quaint; inside does not reflect the outside. Done in lovely classic Asian motives to suit the mood. Professional services yet friendly. Proprietor who could hold a candle to any first class join in its food & manner. But the foods (truly done Asian style) to match any high end ones in London are delicious. The buffets are great value freshly cooked individually (all you can eat) not like those one see in restaurants set out in buckets. I love the sizzling lambs & Singapore noodles and its prawns too. Each time I visit Cornwall I have to eat there once or twice. Tho Im from Vancouver where Asian Foods are considered one of the best. Wadebridge is truly lucky to have such a jem in their town.

Visited April 2014
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A true jem in Cornwall”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

Very quaint; inside does not reflect the outside. Done in lovely classic oriental motives to suit the mood. Professional services yet friendly- proprietor who could hold a candle to any first class joint in its food & manner. But the food is truly done Asian style to match any high end ones in London. The buffets are great value; tho individual dishes are good. I love their sizzling lamp & Singapore noodles. Each time I visit Cornwall I have to eat there at least once or twice. Tho I'm from Vancouver where Asian cuisine are plenty and considered one of the best; Dancing Taipan definitely come up to speed in its taste wonderful variety of dishes that the little town of Wadebridge is lucky to have.

• Visited April 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Yummy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

Lovely food..we actually had takeaway..food was ordered & ready waiting for us when we arrived to pick up.lots of choice 7 not too badly priced.will try the restaurant next time

Visited March 2014
Taunton, United Kingdom
“Family meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

We ordered a take away for our family of 15 they were very quick at cooking the dishes and we had no complaints from any of them the food was yummy.

Visited April 2014