“Great service Great food!!”

The Dancing Taipan Restaurant
Ranked #39 of 63 Restaurants in Wadebridge
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Buffet, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Wadebridge, England, United Kingdom
“Great service Great food!!”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I was shocked to read bad reports on the staff in this restaurant. The food has always been wonderful, friendly owners and polite staff. We had a lovely evening last Sunday and I cant find fault with anything. The four girls seemed attentive to all tables and checked with us on every course that we were happy. I think the owners and staff in this restaurant have a perfect balance of creating a friendly relaxed atmosphere whilst remaining professional at all times. We will be back time and time again.....if we wanted posh nosh and silver service and a stuffy atmosphere we would not have expected it from a £12.95 'all you can eat'. We had great tasty food and an enjoyable evening!!

• Visited August 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Appalling applying service”
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

I've been here many times and I can't describe how appalling the service is. I work in the industry myself so I can't help but notice how terrible it is.
I asked for a knife and fork and the girl finished off her text which took another four minutes before I even got my knife and fork... I asked for a drink and a straw... No ice.. No straw... We asked for a bill and waited 20 minutes before we received it.... After reminding her. No curtesy checks during our mains... No one aske if we wanted another drink.. The 4 girls working were too busy eating their crisps, texting and drinkin their coffees.. We were the 2nd table in and it still took them 10 minutes to take our drinks orders.. Two of the girls were just sat foldin napkins and texting.
It's a shame because the food is okay.. But I cannot describe the appalling appalling service. It hasn't just been a one off... This ha happened every single time I've been. If it wasn't the only all you can eat in town.. I wouldn't come back.

1 Thank Hannah C
Cornwall
“Superb,time and time again”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Always enjoy the food here, be it either sitting down in the restaurant or having a takeaway.
The eat all you can buffet nights are a great way of trying new things on the menu and those nights are always popular so book a table. The drinks can be a bit pricey but that's the way of a lot of places like this. Staff are always very polite and helpful so no hesitation about recommending this restaurant.

• Visited June 2014
Fareham, England, United Kingdom
“Great Chinese Food, Good Value”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Group of 10 of us out on a Sunday evening bumped into this restaurant. It was fairly full, always a good sign and was an all you can eat buffet but served to your table. I much prefer this as you then know who's fingers have been in it?? Food was fresh, hot and very tasty with lots of it. Staff were friendly and very polite and we all had a fantastic evening. Food, wine and beer for about £20 a head.

• Visited July 2014
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“shabby! ”
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

This restaurant isn't inviting at all! There was one other family in when we got there, they were having their order taken and as we walked in the waitress just left them walked over to show us where to sit and had to unplug her mobile she'd left on the table so because she abandoned the other table they got up and walked out... not a good sign, we sat down, no atmosphere and very dreary, the young waitress came over with the menu's (no work ethic) hair swat on top of her head with her sunglasses on... said there's no offers we have to pay as it is in the menu... VERY expensive, minimum £10 for a dish that didn't even look or sound nice, got up and left and went to Raj Indian down the road, now that was brilliant

1 Thank EmmaVictoria21