“Fantastic food and value. Service friendly but a touch slow”
Review of Ship Inn

Ship Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Ship Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 68 Restaurants in Wadebridge
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The re-launch of a Wadebridge institution in August 2013. After a total refurbishment the Ship Inn is back serving great food, well kept beers and an eclectic wine list.Now winter is drawing in come in and enjoy a drink in front of our wood fires.
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Staying close by we decided to book a Sunday evening meal with our 3 kids aged 8, 9 &18 mths.
We were quite early (kids starving) in the evening and it was empty when we arrived but pretty full by the time we left. The menu looked very good but the specials were too tempting and we opted for those. The kids deal was excellent @ £6.95 for a main course and ice cream. The kids mains were generous portions and they did a baby portion for our toddler ( and charged less too). The kids fish fingers looked home made and were full of lovely flaky white fish. It was certainly all polished off quickly. My son had mussels which I'd never seen on a kids menu before - he loved them and there was plenty of bread with it too.
I had sea bass with Cornish crab and fennel and potato salad - delicious, perfectly cooked fish, fantastic dish. My wife had sea bream, roasted in a coconut curry sauce with rice - I tried it and it was excellent as well.
Overall, we felt the food was superb, the staff were very friendly and accommodating, although it was a little on the slow side - not unacceptable so, but enough to have the kids asking when the food was coming! We will definitely go again

1  Thank Johnnyhatesjars

Reviewed 1 August 2014

The food was extremely good, the restaurant was really busy but this created a good atmosphere, and our food was still served in good time, with excellent service. This was an all round great night out.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

My friend and I called in for a bite to eat at 7.30pm on Wed 30th July after following a walk along the Camel Trail.
On arrival we were surprised to find the pub fairly empty and yet it appeared they were under pressure. The staff were not appropriate "front of house" staff, with no rapport building skills... and we waited 10 mins before we got a drink. Although we were acknowledged.
We advised that we wanted to eat so were encouraged to order promptly as there were a couple of larger parties due in. This wasn't a problem as my friend and I had already decided on what we wanted... both ordered the Fish Burger...
We were shown, by the owner, where he wanted us to sit, which was a table by the log burner( obviously not on!) at the far end, and close to the outside sitting area. However the table for two was cramped and would have meant one of us was staring at a wall... at this point there were a maximum of 4 people in the restaurant, which I would anticipate would seat 40. So why we couldn't choose where we wanted to sit I have no idea...
As it was a warm evening we decided to sit outside until our food arrived, however we decided that we would head back to the bar to eat which was a more convivial area.
We didn't have to wait too long for the food, which was quite tasty, but the whole experience wasn't what we had expected and I couldn't say that I could recommend it to others. Which is a shame as I am a local resident in Wadebridge... quite disappointing

2  Thank travelone48
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I ate with a party of girlfriends a few months ago and loved this place. The decor is gorgeous without trying too hard, the food was great and the service was friendly but not too friendly! Also the tables are nicely spaced out, you don't feel too crammed in. All in all a great find.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We found our way here from desperation at the state of Wadebridge's main pubs around the pedestrianised area, which blast out (c)rap music to their tattooed audience.

Tasteful interior, good wine list and a house Temperanillo we much enjoyed. Returned to eat there the following evening and had a generous supper at a very decent price sitting outside on the deck. Service slightly slow because there were two big tables ahead of us, but they managed expectations very well, so that was fine.

Good option, would happily return.

1  Thank Lieutenant_Feraud