“disappinted”

Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids
Milton Keynes
“disappinted”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Fish was very nice and so was the side salad but the chips can only be described as soggy. Service was ok so rather let down by those chips

• Visited July 2014

“Good fish & chips”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

We did takeaway and had to wait a while for the fish to be cooked, but that was fine because it was piping hot. Chips were good, fish was good - can't say much more really.

Visited July 2014
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Disappointed ”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Had a late lunch there today and overall wasn't impressed. Everything was cooked fresh to order so there was a short wait, which wasn't an issue, but quite how they managed to make chips so tasteless is beyond me. I see fish and chips as a real treat especially being on holiday, eating them in the sun, but i wish we'd have gone elsewhere. Sorry! Fish was ok, battered sausage ok, chips poor

Truro, United Kingdom
“I didn't know it was fish I was eating!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I came into barney's expecting great things, often local fish and chips have a lot to offer, but I'm afraid barney's must be an exception. First I had to seat myself in the dated restaurant, then I was approached by a solemn looking waitress, who to give her her due did look understaffed. I then preceded to wait for around half an hour, when my fish and chips came out. I had rock hard chips, which I wouldn't feed to dogs! The fish was undercooked and tasted like spam which had been left out in the sun. I was given an overpriced orangeade which was clearly cheap lemonade and orange squash. To add to my disgust, when I paid for my food (Which I barely ate) I found I had to pay with cash, as they didn't have a card machine. NEVER AGAIN!!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Alice S
Liskeard, United Kingdom
“Large Portions”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

We had cycled down the Camel Trail from Bodmin & were ravenous by the time we got to Wadebridge. We were able to leave our bikes secured to cycle racks outside the Co-op & chose a window table in Barny's as we were able to keep an eye on the bikes.

My partner had the lasagne whilst I had sausages in a large Yorkshire pudding. Both were large portions, piping hot, very tasty & hit the spot. Whilst there was nothing fancy about our meals we were both very satisfied with them & consider the prices good.

• Visited May 2014