“Treated better than family.”

Wadebridge Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 26 Wadebridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 October 2013

After a very wet tour of Port Isaac, I arrived on Steve's doorstep. Steve was a marvelous host; helped me dry off, put my wet things in the dryer, recommended a good restaurant within walking distance and lent me an umbrella. I had the large room in the back, with 2 twin beds, and a spacious, clean and nicely decorated bathroom. It was very quiet; just what I was looking for.

The breakfast was wonderful; one of the best I had on my trip. Steve was also very helpful in planning out the next 2 days of my trip, recommending places I enjoyed greatly.

This is a really wonderful b&b; I would stay with Steve again in second.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Bill M
Steve K, Owner at Wadebridge Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Hi, what a great headline for a review and thank you so much. It was a very wet day on your visit (unusual for Cornwall) so it was a pleasure to make your stay as comfortable as possible. I am dleighted everything we did made a difference and the rest of the trip went well. Thank you again for a fantastic review and I do hope you will visit Cornwall and Wadebridge Bed and Breakfast again soon.
With kind regards

There are newer reviews for Wadebridge Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Arrived to find a gem of a B&B tucked away amongst others in Wadebridge, a wonderful welcome from Steve who made us welcome with a tray of tea and biscuits, a small thing but meant so much to us by way of welcome and not something we have had on this trip to date. Beautifully appointed bedroom large bed and lovely roomy wonderfully clean bathroom, if your coming this way up the Cornish coast I highly recommend you come for a cuppa with Steve and see the wonderful sights to be seen in this area cheers Carmel

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carmel C

It was a real pleasure to meet you both on your trip to Cornwall and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay at Wadebridge Bed and Breakfast. I am delighted the welcome tea, bed and breakfast suited you so well and I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip and will come and see us again soon.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

We found this bed and breakfast by searching on trip advisor. After looking at how close it was to the camel trail and it's previous reviews we thought we couldn't go wrong and we didn't!
Beautiful room, lovely area, amazing breakfast and an exceptional host!
Highly recommend

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Emma_Jane_08

Thank you for your positive review and I am delighted that you were so happy with your stay. The Camel Trail is a great attraction for Wadebridge and for us and we are hoping to attract more cyclists in the coming months. I hope the rest of your trip went well and hope we see you both again soon.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

I stayed with my sister at Wadebridge Bed and Breakfast 4 nights in august during the Cornwall Folk Festival. It was a very nice place! And Steve was a fantastic host!!! The room was extremly cleen and the beds was very comfortible.A big window with a nice balcony where we could sit and look out of the nice and quiet aria was a plus. Steve gave us a fantastic breakfast every morning. Served with a great smile!
It was easy to walk to the city of Wadebridge. Just down the street. We can recommend a small restaurang in middle of the town "The Granary". Very good food, good service and not expensive.I can really recommend this B&B if you go to Wadebridge.

Room Tip: I recommend you to pay a little more to get the room with balcony!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your reveiw from our first Scandinavian visitors and I am extremely pleased you and your sister enjoyed your stay. It was a great weekend helped by the Cornwall Folk Festival which is held every August Bank holiday weekend in Wadebridge. It was wonderful to see you both enjoying the music and hospitality of the town throughout your stay.
Sorry it has taken me so long to respond to your review - things are a bit quieter now so I am catching up. I am delighted you both enjoyed your stay in Conrwall, Wadebridge and Wadebridge Bed and Breakfast and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

I stayed at the Wadebridge B&B on a business trip - just the one night. As a rule I tend to avoid B&Bs as I find the anonymity of hotels more relaxing. However, I have to hand it to Steve who runs the Wadebridge, he might just have convinced me that the personal touch of the B&B is where it's at after all.

The property itself is fantastic - like an Eldorado villa from the 80s but in a good way and it really works, effortlessly putting up 3 couples without anyone feeling crowded or on top of each other. It has a lovely sun-trap of a garden at the back and Steve really lets his guests have free use of the common areas without ever making you feel like you're intruding.

So the rooms and all the fittings are brand new and top notch quality which is the boring but important stuff out of the way. However, the real selling point is Steve himself, an absolute gent who makes his guests feel like old friends and who can't do enough for you. Not only that, he really knows the area and his recommendations for where to eat, drink and visit are spot on too.

I can't fault the place and I would recommend it to anyone staying in and around Wadebridge.

Room Tip: The Padstow has a great view across Wadebridge and is well appointed.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MrLaurence

Wow thank you for taking time to give us and the house a wonderful reveiw and I am delighted we fitted the bill for your recent stay. It's also gratifying that as a business visitor we were able to provide you with reliable advice on eating out and the facilities of Wadebridge. As we enter the winter months we are hoping to attract more business visitors and your reveiw will certainly help that. It was really good to see you and I hope that when you are in Cornwall again you will stay with us either on business or pleasure. Once agaijn many thanks for your review.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

We would like to thank Steve for making us feel very welcome and looking after us so well. The facilities are very good but Steve made the experience excellent and you must try the Hogs Pudding.
Nigel & Christine

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hi, Thank you for your review and very nice compliments, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and must apologise for taking so long to respond to you. I look forward to seeing you both again in the future.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

We had a fabulous time, albeit short, with Steve at Wadebridge. The village is just a short stroll down the road, and the location is great for visiting other places, i.e. Port Isaac. The B & B itself is good, and they don't scrimp on anything. Everything you need is there. Breakfast was amazing, and you didn't need anything else until later in the day.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Steve K, Owner at Wadebridge Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Thank you for your review, it is extremely pleasing that we were able to provide you with a good service and experience however long you stay and that you enjoyed our location. We hope to see you for longer next time!!

Steve

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wadebridge
Travelodge Wadebridge
Trehellas House
Trehellas House
#1 of 1 in Washaway
Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa

Been to Wadebridge Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!