“Quirky place, excellent coffee, delicious burgers.”
Review of Strong Adolfo's

Strong Adolfo's
Ranked #9 of 68 Restaurants in Wadebridge
Price range: US$5 - US$17
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Don't drive past, stare at the outside and wonder - pop in and you'll be very pleasantly surprised.

When locals said that it is one of the few places they regularly frequent I took a gamble and went for lunch. Once inside I found a charming, modern, artistic place with polite staff, quality food and pleasant views. When I visited they had an art exhibition on and there were a mix of people ranging from families and locals to bike enthusiasts and quirky bearded types. It certainly had a busy, happy atmosphere.

The coffee I had was excellent (proper coffee, brewed well with good quality milk and latte art). I enquired and it is Origin coffee which is a local company. The menu was quirky with lots of interesting freshly made cakes and nibbles. The shakes were wholesome and delicious - luckily not ice cream shakes, but fresh avocado, date and almond types. The burger I had was served in a brioche bun with a side salad and crunchy chips. I would have liked a bit more of the leaves but the meat was juicy and full of flavour. As someone who is particularly picky about the quality of their food I was more than happy with my meal.

I have visited again, for "Fika" - the nutty cake and flat white were just the pick me up I needed after a long surf. The pulled pork and slow cooked beef burgers I saw looked amazing, so I may well be back in for another visit soon. Lovely place. I can see why it has such a following.

1  Thank foodcriticreviews

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

From the outside this is anything but a cafe. The much menu isn't the usual. As it happens we opted for two toasted sandwiches and two hit chocolates and a bill of chips. Very unusual set up. You que fir a menu sit with your table decide what you want, Que to order, then want for waitress service. Very very slow so don't think to go for a quick stop. Over 25 minutes for our drinks then our toasted sandwiches. We were asked if we wanted sauces but after eating most of our food we decided to get the sauce yourself. The toastie was enjoyable and well presented as was the hot chocolate I must say disappointed in the hot chocolate as they weren't hot. All in all it was ok nothing to write home about, would I visit again proberly not. Over £18. For two drinks and two toasties no.

2  Thank Sharr1964
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Called In For Breakfast After A Few Days Away In Newquay & I Must Say It Was Well Worth It ! It Has A Really Great Vibe , Friendly Staff & Most Of All Excellent Food . Proper Sausages, Bacon,Egg , lovely mushroom & The Homemade Paprika Baked Beans Are Amazing Will Definitely Visit Again To Try There Lunch Menu. Also The Panoramic Views Were Beautiful!

Reviewed 1 August 2014

As a local, I am always pleasantly surprised each time I visit with the friendly service, great coffee and awesome food. The tall blonde waiter is always very helpful, charming and I must say quite a catch for any young Cornish maid. Keep it up guys!

3  Thank anonymouscoffeelover
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Don't be fooled by the appearance from the outside, we sat in the car park for a while wondering if it was open but we were glad we tried and went in anyway. The service, ambiance and food were all superb. My husband and a had a beautiful breakfast and were just disappointed that we didn't get the chance to go back.