“Nice afternoon tea”

Price range: US$5 - US$17
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Lovely tea cakes and tea. Some of the best Belgium waffles. Friendly service. Will return to try rest of menu. Nice ice cold beer!!

Reviewed 20 August 2014

We stopped of at Strong Adolfo's just as we were passing I was the large CAFE sign outside and immediately said to my wife " Coffee need Coffee!" being visitors from London I was desperate for a decent flat white coffee and must admit since being here on holiday my coffee experience has not been great, but had no idea what we would expect inside . A very modern looking restaurant with a surfing image, clean and clinical . The staff were very friendly and we tried the coconut flapjack homemade by the owner/baker wow!! the kids enjoyed the large couch to chill out on and I ordered my Coffee as I was getting that urge for caffeine … they were made up in true Barista style and tasted great , if you are a true coffee lover this is the place . We will return before we leave Cornwall, well worth a visit …..

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

I stopped by Strong Adolfo's recently and was there about 20 mins before opening. Instead of vigorous waving and shoo-ing often experienced elsewhere when arriving before opening; the staff at Adolfo's were very welcoming. I was offered a seat and told it would only be 5 mins if I wanted coffee as the machine had to warm up. Sometimes, little things like this, make a big difference to your day. The delicious bacon sandwich I talked myself into also helped!

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Don't drive past, stare at the outside and wonder - pop in and you'll be very pleasantly surprised.

When locals said that it is one of the few places they regularly frequent I took a gamble and went for lunch. Once inside I found a charming, modern, artistic place with polite staff, quality food and pleasant views. When I visited they had an art exhibition on and there were a mix of people ranging from families and locals to bike enthusiasts and quirky bearded types. It certainly had a busy, happy atmosphere.

The coffee I had was excellent (proper coffee, brewed well with good quality milk and latte art). I enquired and it is Origin coffee which is a local company. The menu was quirky with lots of interesting freshly made cakes and nibbles. The shakes were wholesome and delicious - luckily not ice cream shakes, but fresh avocado, date and almond types. The burger I had was served in a brioche bun with a side salad and crunchy chips. I would have liked a bit more of the leaves but the meat was juicy and full of flavour. As someone who is particularly picky about the quality of their food I was more than happy with my meal.

I have visited again, for "Fika" - the nutty cake and flat white were just the pick me up I needed after a long surf. The pulled pork and slow cooked beef burgers I saw looked amazing, so I may well be back in for another visit soon. Lovely place. I can see why it has such a following.

1  Thank foodcriticreviews
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

From the outside this is anything but a cafe. The much menu isn't the usual. As it happens we opted for two toasted sandwiches and two hit chocolates and a bill of chips. Very unusual set up. You que fir a menu sit with your table decide what you want, Que to order, then want for waitress service. Very very slow so don't think to go for a quick stop. Over 25 minutes for our drinks then our toasted sandwiches. We were asked if we wanted sauces but after eating most of our food we decided to get the sauce yourself. The toastie was enjoyable and well presented as was the hot chocolate I must say disappointed in the hot chocolate as they weren't hot. All in all it was ok nothing to write home about, would I visit again proberly not. Over £18. For two drinks and two toasties no.

2  Thank Sharr1964