“Great little spot”

Price range: US$6 - US$18
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 2 September 2014

This was recommended by a couple of people so we thought we'd stop off for breakfast on the way down to Falmouth.

It's a great little cafe with a quirky industrial/biker type feel. I visited with my wife and son, the wife and I had breakfast which was excellent. The sausages were the best I'd had in a long time and the bacon was great too. My son loved the porridge.

After seeing the amazing cakes on offer I'll definitely be stopping in for afternoon tea at the next opportunity!

Reviewed 2 September 2014

Have now visited several times - mostly because we just can't get enough of their daily dahls but all the soups and nut burgers ( we're vegetarian) and daily specials are just gorgeous.

We have taken meat eating friends along too and all have absaloutly loved it. The cakes are so beautiful to look at as well as being very yummy.

We used to drive by the big red cafe sign and then decided to visit and have never looked back.

This is a very special cafe in Wadebridge and well worth a visit

Reviewed 1 September 2014

Quite disappointed when I took my friend along for tea last week.
We both ordered a chicken Ceasar Burger with fries and coleslaw which was very nice. However our a glass of rose wine was really awful and served in a tumbler (which is a pet hate of mine) I appreciate good presentation when I eat and enjoy a glass of wine in a lovely large clear glass not a school style tumbler, which only enhanced the bad wine! We were also asked if we would like some water and instead of it coming in a jug with a slice of lemon and ice and a couple of nice glasses we were brought two jam jars containing water... which we were expected to drink from, so your lips were literally around the indentation where the top would screw onto the jam jar! I am not certain what style they feel they are portraying as it seems to be a mish mash of all sorts! I also appreciate salt and pepper mills available and I was just told " no" they don't have any! which I find quite hard to believe, Surely any good eatery would have... even if they supplied the one from the kitchen!
So were both disappointed really it wasn't the event we had both hoped it would be and we won't be frequenting again!
My advice to them would be..."Get it right first time every time" "As you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!"

2  Thank travelone48
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

Met with friends locally and have often wondered what the Strong Adolphos would be like to eat in. Very quirky cafe with a limited but very adequate menu, staff were lovely and eager to please. Delicious, quality food. We will be back.

Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

A fab place. Simple menu with specials and some of the best burgers anywhere. Sliders with pulled pork and homemade BBQ sauce, beef brisket in Guinness were especially good. Kids meals were fab - even homemade baked beans. One suggestion - a few kid friendly shakes or smoothies on the menu??? But wonderful, laid back service and a really great evening. Can't recommend enough.