“Fine” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Wadebridge
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

Stayed here for one night on a Saturday. Room was clean, Bed comfortable and the breakfast was excellent. We booked through Late rooms and got a good price. The car park is difficult but got there early and parked at the back. We had to get someone to move to be able to get out in the morning but just told the staff and they sorted it. There was loud music but wasn't a problem to us. We went out and it was all finished by time we went to bed.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
luxulyan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Well I stayed at the Molesworth last night and found the room really comfortable with all I needed . In fact I slept better here than I have done for days. The room was spotlessly clean with loads of fluffy white towels and sparkling white bedlinen. The furniture seemed new, attractive, classic chunky oak . Ample tea, coffee, hot chocolate and biscuits.
My room was above the outside seating ( and smoking) area but there was no smell of smoke in the room at all.
I stayed with a couple of friends and we loved the informal atmosphere of the 'hotel side;' it seemed that the guest's experience was actually important. which was a distinct plus for us;staff were helpful and friendly beyond the call of duty, as were the locals . We spent a really happy night in the bar, the food was good too.
I can't praise the Molesworth highly enough and to those reading the most damning reviews would say.....This is a 16th Century Coaching Inn, now a popular local pub in a very old market town - if this is not the sort of place you want to stay, go somewhere else. If you DO want to stay in this sort of place you will be hard pushed to find better, particularly for the price!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Bellingham, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

Upon arrival it was terrible. Parking a nightmare! Upon entry , a bar room and payment needed before seeing our rooms! Smoke and beer smell through out! We were told entertainment until midnight!
Right below our room and if someone needed to leave we may have to move our car!
As I said midnight?? Would not stay and did not get a refund.
We aren't picky but this was disgusting. We left and found a great hotel in Padstow !
Don't be fooled by the nice pictures it's a set up !!

• Stayed November 2013
5 Thank CJFjcf

Travellers are raving about these Wadebridge hotels

Thornton Cleveleys, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

Had a great stay here, all good for me no complaints whatsoever. It seems to me that some people get a bee in their bonnet about the tiniest thing, and then go on to do their utmost to destroy businesses just for spite. Not quite what they were expecting, room location etc.
If they are so particular they should phone in advance to ensure it is to their "Standard and location" This hotel is not deep in the country, it is a busy town centre establishment that offers incredible value for money and very comfortable and clean accommodation. The beds and linen are superb with generous refreshments. The food is as good as you will find anywhere, and the staff will go the extra mile to be helpful. I shall certainly return soon. Just for the record, I stayed during the week, and it was very peaceful at night. Slept lika a baby (room seven)

Room Tip: Front rooms overlook the pedestriansed shopping st. Room seven is at the rear.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Sarah S
Guisborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed here 3 nights in January & it ticked every box that I need when I'm away, firstly my room (no.8) was always warm & had an excellent wifi reception & my room was always tidied & topped up with tea & biscuits after a days work.

Secondly the food here is some of the best pub/bar meals I've ever had, the portions are plenty & the quality & presentation of food is top drawer with a more than affordable price range.

I paid £45 a night to stop here for 3 nights & that price includes a full English breakfast as well which is available from 7:30 on a morning which is good for me, the staff are very friendly & helped me out with anything I wanted to know about the area

There's only one slight disadvantage here & that is the parking, when I arrived my sat nav tried to take me to the front of the pub but it's a cobbled street with no available parking, I drove round for a while until I noticed a road at the rear of the pub which took me to the back of the property where I managed to get a space.

I don't want to take anything away from this place though because I always find it hard to find places like this, cracking pub all round
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Rooi1
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

I stayed here with my wife and grandchildren aged thirteen, ten and three a last week, and we all enjoyed it tremendously. It's a very old character property conveniently located in an old market town, on the doorstep of the Camel Trail and Riverside Walk, and of course we expected noise at night as the Hotel has live music Thursday, Friday and Saturday, as stated on their website so no surprises.Yes one or two of the locals use a little colourful language, but no worse than on tv. It was very peaceful after closing time and we had no problem sleeping at all. The building itself is quirky (16thCentury) and the rooms are spotlessly clean, comfortable and cosy. The car park is free first in first served. No other hotel in town has a parking facility. The food is outstanding and freshly prepared with local produce. The staff and management are most helpful and friendly and the free Cornish cooked breakfast was superb! Try the Sunday Carvery ( amazing value)The winter room and breakfsat rates are unbeatable, we have never found a better deal, especially for five of us. Our grandchildren were spoiled by all the staff, and can't wait to go again.
As a testament to the Hotel, they are proudly displaying a New Top Guest Award from Late Rooms.
That alone speaks volumes to me, and we all look forward to visiting again in May.
Please use you own judgement, and ignore any embroidered or spurious reports as we did.
Thank you all at The Molesworth Arms.

Room Tip: Number sixteen is enormous and quietly situated at the rear of the Hotel, great for families. Numbe...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank ian s
Truro, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

Worst 'hotel' I have ever stayed in. I think the word 'hotel' is very strong for what me and my girlfriend experienced. There was loud music until midnight, which stopped us from sleeping. Then, we could here people outside for most of the night, which only made sleeping in an uncomfortable, sand covered bed an even more unpleasant experience. The only bright spot was a nicely cooked breakfast, but this was overshadowed by the foul language being passed around the room (which was still being cleaned from the night before). We couldn't wait to leave, and will not be going back again.

• Stayed January 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Richvilla1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wadebridge
St. Moritz Hotel
#1 of 1 in Tredethy
Treglos Hotel
Treglos Hotel
#1 of 1 in Constantine Bay

Been to Molesworth Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!