St. Moritz Hotel
Daymer House(Trebetherick)
  • Pool
Ballaminers House(Little Petherick)
1,006 results
All reviewscowshed spaoutdoor poolsea viewland roverbeach hutking roomart decoopen kitchengarden suiteboard gameshotel facilitiesself cateringbar menufamily hotelthe cliffchanging roomsdaymer bay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I visited St Moritz last week to celebrate my daughter's birthday. I stay every year with a group of 12 friends and always have the most fabulous time. Last week's stay was no exception. The hotel team were as usual, incredibly friendly, helpful and attentive and our meal in the evening, cooked by Jamie Porter was exceptional, especially the tempura soft shell crab!
Tracey and the rest of the Cowshed Team were so welcoming and really made my daughter feel special. Our treatments were top class and the famous beds were still the most comfortable I have ever slept in (marshmallow beds, we call them!). We had a beautiful walk down to the beach after breakfast which reminded us of how very lucky we are to live in Cornwall. Thank you to the St Moritz team again for making our stay so special and relaxing.....can't wait until October when I get to come back!

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Had a fantastic night away at this wonderful hotel which we have visited a few times before. Out room has it's own beach hut which we sat outside of enjoying the sun with a bottle of bubbly. The restaurant is wonderful, superb food and service. The pool, steam room and sauna so relaxing and also complimented by the cow shed products in the showers as are the rooms. The actual cowshed spa is perfect for relaxation. A wonderful stay as an early anniversary celebration but would be great with children too.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Clare G
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I have to say this is one of the best 'non franchised' hotels I have stayed in, in the UK, and is probably as good if not better than a majority of major 'high end' city hotels, and this one is on the beach! The hotel is spotless and the attention to detail is second to none. We stayed for a long weekend in one of the 'cosy' smallest rooms. The room itself was adequate, very well appointed and very comfortable. However, on reflection it may well have been better in a larger room and our small room was on the ground floor adjacent to the access road, which could become a problem with the early morning traffic and the fact that if you opened the net curtain to let light in, everyone could see into the room! Definitely go for the bigger room or higher floor.

We used the restaurant two nights and the bar for food on one. The food is excellent, the open plan layout of the kitchen is great and again the décor and setting is fantastic. The only criticism of the restaurant is the menu variety. Whilst it apparently changes daily depending on the availability of local fish these changes are minor maybe just one or two dishes from a quite restricted menu, and the 'sides' every night were potatoes and broccoli! Sadly because of the variety we used the restaurant twice when given the quality of the food and service would have been happy to have made it a third time. The breakfasts were very good in terms of both the variety and quality.

Overall a great hotel in a great location.

Room Tip: Go for a larger room or a higher floor.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Lovely hotel, spotless, excellent facilities, superb helpful staff. Gorgeous food! The most comfortable bed EVER as well. I can't wait to return with the kids. We pre-booked dinner on the first evening and it was delicious, as was the room service we had the next day-highly recommend the crab linguine.
My only small niggle was the breakfast-I think it would be better off as a buffet as the wait was a little long and be sure to specify how you like your eggs/bacon. I found the eggs a bit runny for my liking and the bacon a bit over done.
The salon was lovely and the staff helpful and professional.

Room Tip: Depends on what you want-a sea view room would be lovely but we got out and went to visit each of the places so not essential!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We spent 3 nights in a king room situated on the first floor. Extremely comfortable bed and lovely cowshed toiletries in the bathroom although don't expect to nab a few freebies as the products are firmly fixed to the wall! The room does come with your very own beach hut located next to the outdoor pool which is a plus if you're travelling in the warmer weather and these rooms do not have a seaview. We had our 8 week old bub with us so there was room for a travel cot (provided) however if you have the budget I would definitely go for a suite as they are much more spacious with separate living space and balcony with a view out to the sea.
I cannot fault the staff as they were all friendly and efficient (bar one surly waitress on Sunday night!) check in was seamless and everyone appeared to be escorted to their rooms which I thought was nice. We had room service the first night and ate in the restaurant 2 nights and for brekkie. The seafood was amazing...the stone bass with crab was one of the tastiest fish dishes I've ever eaten and I would also recommend the Dover sole and pork. It's great to see all the action in the open plan kitchen as well. Lots of options for brekkie; cereals, toast, bacon, sausage, kippers! Etc.
I also used the spa which was wonderfully relaxing...1 hour massage and 30min pedi. Definitely worth booking in advance and if you have the time there are lots of packages to choose from. Cowshed products are wonderfully luxurious and there's a scent to suit everyone...I was leaning towards lazy cow!
When the tide is out you an walk on the beach to rock (4kms) and pick up the 5 min ferry ride to padstow - we did this walk with a buggy which whilst not impossible I would probably recommend using a baby carrier as it was hard work in places steering through soft sand! We also visited Boscastle which is a lovely village with a few pubs and restaurants.
Lastly, eat fish and chips at rick stein's seafood restaurant...it was divine!

Room Tip: Seaview suite!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family