This is a curates egg of a hotel - good in parts but otherwise unacceptable.
Firstly the good
- It has a nice position on the cliffs about 2 miles from Rock and a lovely 15 minute walk on the coastal path to Polzeath;
- The restaurant is excellent and the breakfast (the cooked part especially) is first class
- The Hotel has a indoor and outdoor pool, outdoor table tennis table and is well geared up for families with younger children
- It has free wifi which is a good speed.
Unfortunately there were negatives:-
- We had a King room that was small and very stuffy (the one window only opens a very little bit), overlooked the main building and had no bath (a shower only). For over £250 a night this was very expensive
- Whilst the service was generally good, disappointed that the restaurant said it was full until very late and yet when we came back we were virtually the only people in it
- The previous occupant had left a note in the mini bar that said there was no water and the fact that the note was still there (as was their hotel check in card in the room) shows a lack of attention to detail in the cleaning
- Most importantly the place is soulless. Yes there are lots of kids but this is essentially a modern development of low rise flats with a central services core.
- The outdoor pool did not open until about 11.30 which if you want a swim in the early morning heat is annoying
By the way, this is not a beach front hotel. The very small beach is down a couple of very steep paths which might be a challenge to the elderly
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, MrandMrsSmith, Priceline, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your St. Moritz Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Moritz Hotel Cornwall/Wadebridge
- St Moritz Wadebridge