Lowest prices for your stay
£145
Breakfast included
Hotels.com
£124
LSIM3

Lovely long weekend

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 14 Apr 2024via mobile
We tried the St Moritz for the first time and we will definitely be back! We have been coming to stay in Polzeath for many years and found an excellent kids stay free offer to finish up the Easter holidays.

We stayed in a first floor suite, lovely well equipped kitchen, spacious living space and with plenty of room for two z beds for the children - which they said were so amazing we have to get some at home 😂

Our spacious balcony had an amazing view of the sunset, the lady on reception told me it was sea glimpses when we booked - I would certainly say it’s sea view! Would love to try a room higher up for an even more impressive view.

A fantastic breakfast is served in the reception building which is very modern and stylishly designed. The variety of food is excellent and it’s very good quality. We really enjoyed it and the ladies serving were very friendly.

We used the pool at The Point which we have visited many times before and if we had wanted the hotel would have driven us up there. The hotel provides you with towels so it’s very easy whilst the on site pool is out of action. The boys are very keen to return to check out the new pool being built at the St Moritz!

They have electric charging points and plenty of parking. Everything was clean and fresh. The staff very friendly. Overall we had a super stay, it’s on a lovely location just off the coastal path so we did our favourite walk into Polzeath a number of times.

Couple of very minor niggles - our room overlooked the car park slightly and as the hotel felt very quiet this was a bit of a shame. The tvs whilst they have Sky are really old so you can’t watch iplayer or Netflix etc. My children had saved up a couple of things to watch in the evenings as a family so they probably need a bit of an upgrade.

We will be back - thanks St Moritz!
Date of stay: April 2024
Room Tip: You can borrow buckets, spades etc from reception
Trip type: Travelled with family
    £115
7.1 miles from St. Moritz Hotel
View more hotels in Wadebridge
1,329 results
All reviews cowshed spa outdoor pool sea view garden suite seaside cafe sky tv sun loungers the ground floor daymer bay changing rooms school holidays out of season relaxing break lovely location apartment rock cornwall
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 March 2024 via mobile

We stayed in a beautiful sea view suite which was perfect. The staff are always so friendly and helpful. The sunsets every evening were amazing from our balcony. The St Moritz is a great base for the area and you can go walking straight from the door.

Date of stay: March 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary R
Reviewed 20 January 2024 via mobile

A group of friends and I visited the Wild Spa at the hotel today. It was an absolute delight. The outdoor spa complete with fire pit was such a unique experience.
We all braved the 3 degree water tub in between enjoying the sauna and wood burner hot tub.
The day was made even better by the service from Jack and Petra. They were attentive whilst allowing us to feel very relaxed.
We also chose to add on a food option which was delicious. Thank you for such a lovely treat.

Date of stay: January 2024
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Zoe St Moritz , Guest Services / Front Office at St. Moritz Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2024

Dear Charlotte G,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this lovely and gracious review. We are so delighted you enjoyed your Elemental Wild Spa experience and savoured our Wild Spa meal. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back for another relaxing retreat in the near future. Until then, be well and take care!

Reviewed 8 January 2024 via mobile

Over breakfast, the six of us were already talking about NYE 2024, and unless something spectacular comes our way, we'll be looking to book St Moritz again!

From memory, we have spent New Year's Eve at this hotel for four out of the last five years (other than the lockdown).

What stands out here, first and foremost, are the excellent staff.
Harry greeted us like an old friend!

As I've said before on here, service makes or breaks a hotel/restaurant visit, nothing worse than booking a venue where the staff seem disinterested and disengaged as we have also experienced this year at some other hotels.

Off the top of my head and apologies for missing anyone and in no particular order.
Chloe, Harry,Andy,James,Rachel!!!, the two excellent ladies who seem to run the restaurant and breakfast service whose names escape me.

Despite the lively weather, the Wild Spa was great fun, and the staff made the best of things.

Great way to start the New Year!
5 stars all round once again

Date of stay: January 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear FamilyTraveller68,

Wow! Thank you immensely for your fabulous review. We are absolutely thrilled to hear that you had such an enjoyable New Years stay with us. Our team takes immense pride in providing excellent service, and we’re delighted that you were able to experience this firsthand.
Your kind words mean the world to us, and we will certainly pass along our compliments to our dedicated staff. They will be overjoyed to hear about your positive experience.
Despite the lively weather, we’re delighted that you still had a wonderful experience at our Elemental Wild Spa. We await the opportunity to welcome you back for another memorable stay in the future!

Reviewed 2 January 2024

The hotel is one of the nicest hotels I have had the privilege to stay at.
Excellent position / rooms /food / staff
Thankyou all at the St Moritz for a truly wonderful stay
Looking forward to returning sooner than later 🤞

Room tip: Bring your camera for hill / bay walks
Date of stay: December 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Ian P,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with us! We are absolutely delighted to hear that your stay at St. Moritz exceeded your expectations.

It brings us immense joy to know that you found our hotel to be one of the nicest you have stayed at. Your compliments regarding our excellent position, rooms, food, and staff mean the world to us. We will be sure to pass along your gratitude to everyone involved in making your stay memorable.

We can’t wait to welcome you back to St. Moritz. Until then, we wish you all the best.

Reviewed 22 December 2023

Bit of a delayed review but have been to St Moritz for the past two summers and thought it was time to leave a positive review to help other guests!
In June 2022 and June 2023 I came here with my parents and aunt and uncle (I'm 30, they're in their sixties) and we stayed in apartment 210. I only mention ages because I would say this felt like more of an 'adult' apartment and probably not great for young families (some fragile ornaments etc). I can only speak for our experience but the apartment we stayed in was extremely modern, well furnished and spacious. We had a huge balcony where we often ate dinner and had a view of the sea. It was heavenly. Didn't encounter seagulls, which is often an issue in Cornwall, but I wouldn't recommend leaving food unattended on the balcony!
The sofa is huge and could easily sit 8 or so people at once with a nice big modern tv. There were tons of games and dvds, we quite often would play games like articulate/charades etc. The bedrooms were all super comfortable and each had their own en-suite and tv. The water in the showers was not super hot (which is how I like it) but probably hard to achieve for a big building. But it was fine really and never cold.
On both stays, I went to the Cowshed for a massage and both times it was heavenly. Really friendly ladies on reception, beautiful relaxing atmosphere, very good massage! Worth the money in my opinion.
The outdoor pool is stunning. We went in June to avoid school children/busy crowds and although there were often children in the pool (I guess home schooled or ignoring the school policies?) it was usually not crowded and quite often I would have the pool to myself! There is a little beach hut/bar next to the pool where you can get drinks, ice cream, snacks etc. This was very convenient. I appreciate as well how they don't allow glass by the pool. As someone who had a nasty glass related incident when I was a child on holiday, I appreciated this safety aspect!
The only negative I have about the pool and St Moritz generally are the beach loungers. Most of them are quite old and dirty looking (brown/yellow patches or broken). For the money you are paying and given everything else feels 5 star, I would recommend they get new ones. I've seen this mentioned in other reviews so I hope they take this feedback on board.
From the hotel you can walk out and be on the beach within 5-10 minutes. I can't put into words what a heavenly spot this place is in. Stunning views of the coast. One day my mum and I walked from the hotel to Rock- very do-able. From Rock, there's a regular ferry over to Padstow. Probably took 30-40 mins to walk from Rock to the hotel. You can also walk directly from the hotel to Polzeath, maybe in about 25 mins? A beautiful and scenic route.
I also can't leave a review without mentioning the wonderful staff. Every interaction I had with a staff member was positive. From the bartender who re-made my margarita (it was a bit too boozy for me!), to the lady who would get me and my parents fresh pastries to have with our coffee at 11am (even though it wasn't on the menu!), everyone was accommodating and friendly.
I hope to be back one day! Keep up the excellent work St Moritz!

Date of stay: June 2023
1  Thank paganpagan93

Dear paganpagan93,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your detailed and heartfelt review of your experiences at St. Moritz. We truly appreciate your kind words and your loyalty in returning to stay with us the past two summers.

It’s wonderful to hear that apartment 210 provided the perfect setting for your family retreats. Your feedback regarding the showers and the outdoor pool experience is invaluable to us, please be assured we have passed this information onto the relevant departments. We’re thrilled to know that you found your Cowshed Spa massages ‘heavenly’ and that you were greeted with our team’s exceptional hospitality.

Regarding your feedback your feedback about the beech loungers, we have taken note of your suggestion, and we will certainly investigate improving this aspect to ensure that every aspect of our guests’ experience meets out high standards. We’re delighted that you were able to explore the beautiful surroundings, from the stunning coastal views to the scenic walks to Rock and Polzeath. Your appreciation of our staffs’ dedication and hospitality means the world to us, and we will make sure to share your compliments with the entire team.

Thank you again for choosing St. Moritz, and we can’t wait to welcome you back for another unforgettable stay. Until then, we wish you all the best in your future travels.