“Worth a visit”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 June 2019

Staff were excellent food wonderful. Chef came to our table to check we were happy with our food.Not expensive but worth every penny. Very tasty food. Would highly recommend.Dogs very welcome.

Date of visit: June 2019
Write a reviewReviews (214)

Reviewed 27 June 2019 via mobile

Was visiting Padstow for the morning whilst on our holibobs and stopped here for some lunch. We was first met by some really friendly staff members that made us feel really welcome. We sat indoors where it was lovely and cool.

My sons just turned one so a little small for a full children's meal but they were happy with him having a few snacks we brought with us whilst we waiting for our lunch and he share our food with us.

My husband had the cod and chips and I had the ploughmans which I loved as it came with a homemade scotch egg where the yoke was still runny. My son loved the sausage meat from round the side. The coleslaw was also to die for too.

Highly recommended and would definitely visit again if in the area.

1  Thank Fayster25
Reviewed 25 June 2019

Yes, a big five out of five from me. From the moment we stuck out head in the door til we left it was happiness all the way. Good atmosphere, simple but well cooked pub grub and dog friendly. The beer was extremely well kept - The Hicks was the best beer in along time.

Reviewed 21 June 2019 via mobile

This was our first pub call on a two night stay in Padstow, just before lunch at a rather posh restaurant nearby. It’s an airy smart pub inside with welcoming staff. Very pleasant St. Austell ales - my first ever light mild (Natural Beauty). I’d probably have given them the full five stars if they’d just had Mena Dhu!

Reviewed 21 June 2019 via mobile

Perfectly positioned in the middle of Padstow, I don’t think I have ever been to an Inn/hotel where I’ve been made to feel more welcome. Our room was clean and comfortable and literally nothing was too much trouble for our hosts. There is no onsite parking however and the nearest public car parks are very busy