“Beautiful traditional seaside hotel”
Review of Metropole Hotel

Metropole Hotel
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Padstow
East Midlands, United Kingdom
“Beautiful traditional seaside hotel”
Reviewed 5 June 2012

This is a beautiful traditional seaside hotel which is well maintained and exceptionally clean in all areas. The staff are polite and friendly. The bedroom we had was of a good size with a large bathroom with excellent shower. Free Wifi in the bedroom. Breakfast excellent. Free parking in the grounds of the hotel. Would we return.... yes tomorrow please!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Ben_Young_RGM, General Manager at Metropole Hotel, responded to this review, 6 June 2012
Dear HappyHolidays4us2

Thank you for sharing your review with us, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay so thoroughly.

I do hope you will revisit us, and yes we do have availability for tomorrow!!

Richardson Hotels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (504)
Newquay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2012

We met up with some friends here to have a lunch and a little drink.
The sun was shining so we were able to sit outside and enjoy the view of Padstow Harbour. We had to go inside to order food and drinks etc. On asking for a glass of Camel Valley Champagne the bottle was already open with a stopper in it, we asked how long it had been open and a moody young girl just shrugged her shoulders and said she didn't know!! We would of preferred a new bottle! We ordered our food and went back out to the sun. The food took quite a while to arrive but it was certainly worth the wait! Try the seafood platter it was beautiful! After eating we went in to order a bottle of wine which they said they would bring out, we hoped they would then clear the table but no they just left the wine in a cooler and left our plates. We eventually popped them on the table next to us. They were still there when we left some two and half hours later, this is poor!! One of our friends wanted to enjoy a cigar after lunch, so once again I went in and asked to buy a box of matches at the bar, again the moody girl shrugged and said they didn't have any so I asked at reception she also said they don't have matches or lighters and didn't know where we could get some!! I find this a bit rude and unhelpful for such a top hotel! I think the staff need a good talking to about manners and customer service!
Food fabulous service dire!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Kazza8865

I am so sorry that the standard of service you experienced appears so far short of our usual standards on the day of your visit.

I would be highly indebted to you if you would please get in touch with me personally so I can investigate and take measures to ensure that nobody, ever, has such poor service from a team member in the future.

We do pride ourselves on our typical standard of service and would hope that this isolated incident may be viewed as an exceptional event, when other reviews are considered - not that this helps you of course.

My email address is my ben . young @ richardsonhotels . co . uk (remove the deliberate spacing) and I do hope you will be in touch in order that I can both investigate, and make amends for your disappointment.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I was sorry I could not enjoy the spa treatments as they were fairly priced and a nice selection to choose from. I loved being offered a tea or coffee on arrival - just what we needed. Our bedroom was a lovely big size with a decent shower.
Your waiting staff were great, a nice relaxed manner at breakfast, not rushed, served when you wanted it. The bar staff engaged us in conversation - football for my husband which he enjoyed !!

Room Tip: Time did not allow me to enjoy some treatments at the spa but I noticed they were very fairly priced...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Ben_Young_RGM, General Manager at Metropole Hotel, responded to this review, 5 June 2012
Dear 133geraldine

Thank you for sharing this review with us, I am delighted that you both enjoyed your stay so much.

I do hope you will consider revisiting us again, when I hope you will find the time to enjoy a Marine Spa treatment!

WIth kind regards and thanks again
Badsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2012

We were looking forward to a welcome break at the end of the winter, the Metropole and it's staff did not disappoint. Particular mention - the food. it was of the highest order, good choices of menu, and served by particularly friendly staff. A gem of a hotel in wonderful surroundings. Shall we return, absolutely!

Room Tip: Choose Estuary view
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Dear Phillip H

Thank you for your review, I am so pleased that you had an enjoyable break with us.

I agree with you on the food, and I certainly enjoy this aspect of my job!

We really look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2012

We have just returned from spending just 3 days at this great hotel & we both feel so relaxed it feels like we spent 2 weeks there! The staff are so friendly - nothing is too much trouble. The food is fantastic - a bit too good my tightening belt is telling me! Can't wait to go back for a few days again next year.

Room Tip: We've been to this hotel before and we've always opted for an inland view. Occasionally we...
Dear Debbie S

I am very grateful to you for sharing this review, and I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable stay with us.

The phrase 'nothing is too much trouble' fairly well sums up our customer service objective and I am very pleased that the team achieved this aim.

We really hope to be able to welcome you back again in the near future!

Sawtell, Australia
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Stumbled on this gem and remembered some people recommending it. So glad we stayed as it's a wondeful old hotel in a great spot. Easy walk down to the village. The room was comfortable and lovely doors opening onto the garden with views across the bay.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a room with a view.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Ben_Young_RGM, General Manager at Metropole Hotel, responded to this review, 1 June 2012
Dear SFmonster

Thank you for your review, I am so pleased to read your comments and to hear of your sentiments.

The Metropole is certainly a gem and I don't think it could have been built in a better location all those years ago!

I do hope you will consider a future stay with us, it would be our pleasure to look after you again.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Enjoyed a wonderful meal with 20 relatives at this fantastic hotel. The various starters, main courses and desserts were all excellent. Very comfortable, if a little old fashioned, surroundings with wonderful views overlooking Padstow. Staff very helpful and efficient.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Ben_Young_RGM, General Manager at Metropole Hotel, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
Dear ShirleyH250

I am so pleased to read how much you enjoyed your Silver Anniversary meal with us.

We are so fortunate to have such a dedicated team focused on the enjoyment of all our guests, not to mention such great food!

May I congratulate you on your Silver Wedding Anniversary and we sincerely hope to be able to welcome you back for many future special occasions....... one day hopefully like the Queen for your Diamond Anniversary!

Richardson Hotels
Also consider these accommodations in or near Padstow
Treglos Hotel
#3 of 3 in Fowey
Bedruthan Hotel & Spa
Bedruthan Hotel & Spa
#2 of 3 in Mawgan Porth

Been to Metropole Hotel? Share your experiences!