Metropole Hotel
St. Moritz Hotel(Wadebridge)
US$168
  • Restaurant
1,580 results
All reviewsrichardson groupcar parkrichardson hotelssea viewon arrivalhotel is in a great locationbit datedbreakfast and dinnercamel estuaryrick stein's seafood restaurantfantastic viewscooked breakfastwinter breakstayed for two nightsenjoyable stayfour poster bedcream tea
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 September 2014

A stop over at the Metropole is a must. Excellent rooms with sea view over the harbour.
Offered in the price was a scones jam with cream and tea.
Great atmosphere with a bar serving cornish real ales including Tribute and Skinners.
The food here is excellent with a great breakfast. Excellent service.

Room Tip: I would recommend the sea view overlooking the harbour.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Melissa H, General Manager at Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2014

Dear John H,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. I'm so pleased you were able to make a stop over here during your tour of Cornwall.

We run various offers throughout the year and I'm very glad you enjoyed your Cornish cream teas with, of course, a drop of the local ale!

Should you wish to receive our offers I would be more than happy to add you to our mailing list if you would like to contact me with your details.

Reviewed 1 September 2014

We have been frequent visitors to Padstow over the years and decided to stop at the Metropole for the first time. We were expecting the hotel to prove its reputation as being one of the best in Cornwall. The hotel location is fantastic with an elevated position and great views over the estuary towards Rock. The staff were attentive and helpful from the moment we arrived. The real jewel in the crown though was the restaurant which was absolutely first class. The thing that lets this hotel down is the bedrooms which like other reviewers we found dismal and in need of attention. I do hope that the owners invest in this great hotel as it has such potential.

Room Tip: Try and get a room facing the river.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BobA161

Dear Bob A,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that having been a regular visitor to Padstow you chose to stay with us on your recent visit.

Im delighted that you were made to feel so welcome by all the staff here. We are in a fantastic position and the views especially from the restaurant really are amazing.

I do appreciate your comments about the bedrooms and although some are still a little dated we are working hard to decorate and refurbish more of the rooms over the coming months.

I hope that you might return in the future and see the progress we have made.

Many thanks

Reviewed 27 August 2014

A little tatty around the edges. Door doesn't close to bathroom. Ground floor room unsecured through window - if you have window open, someone could climb in. Cleaners left door open while we were out. Staff half asleep it seems. No coffee comes with breakfast. when it comes, no milk. Bar man get sorter wrong. Maybe I am used to business travel hotels, but this place was half asleep.
Position of hotel is great - right above Rick Steins restaurant. Let him take it over, now then I would return.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Paul K

Dear Paul K,

Thank you for posting your review.

I am sorry to read of your experiences here and your feelings of the staff were that they were half asleep. Although it has been a very busy season for us, it shouldn't mean that the service you receive is anything but perfect. Our usually high standards are regulary praised by our guests so I can only apologise that your experience was a better one.

Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed for the weekend in room 9 on second floor.
On initial arrival we were able to park in the car park,the hotels stands proud looking over the harbour.We booked for BB and Evening Meal apparently cheaper than booking B/B only as they had a special deal on.
Our room was a large room,with a separate bathroom.The decor in our room was old and outdated,I would suggest a makeover would not go a miss.The room had a basic feel about it,considering this was a four star hotel it was quite basic in what the room and bathroom offered.
The tiles at bath height looked clean,but at shower height there was dirt, and grime in the grouting this I detest when paying top end prices.The food at Breakfast,and the Evening meal was good.The menu was very simpler on both evenings apart from a slight tweak.
The breakfast was very good.Be warned if you go down at 9:00 am you will have a good wait for your cooked food but it is cooked lovely and fresh.We waited over 40 minutes on Sunday for our omelette, and cooked breakfast to arrive.we had booked two treatments at 10:00am,we managed to finish our breakfast bang on 10:00am.
The decor in some areas was reasonable,in others it looked poor.
This could be a fantastic hotel,however some serious investment is required,including better spa facility's, and a indoor pool,steam room,Jacuzzi.
The young girls in the treatment rooms have just come out of training and were quite nervous and timid,my massage was more of a tickle than a muscle improving distress massage.
if this is Pad stows premier hotel, it has a long way to go,to meet the standards of four star hotels, experienced elsewhere in the uk and abroad by myself and.my family.
A big investment could turn this hotel into something very special.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HOLIDAYMANBRISTOL

Dear HOLIDAYMANBRISTOL,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I would like to assure you that investment is being made across the group of hotels. We are in a rolling program of refurbishment and although we are not able to complete a full renovation of the whole hotel at one time we are working our way around. Just before the summer we completed 10 bedroom refurbishments and more are planned this winter along with some work in the lounge bar and terrace and new carpets in the restaurant.

I hope that you may at some point in the future return so we may show you the progress we have made so far.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Our stay started with a friendly welcome as we arrived very late on a Friday night. We stayed in room 54 and were advised that the room had recently been decorated. That might be the case but the cleanliness of both the shower, bath and sink left alot to be desired. The shower took at least half an hour to become a tepid trickle and the carpets leading from the lift to the room had debris that had not been Hoover ed since we arrived.
The service was slow at breakfast and the staff's uniform seemed to wear more of the breakfast than what was available.
Not impressed and at £189 per night -overpriced.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fuzzylumpkins36

Dear fuzzylumpkins36,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am pleased that you were made to feel so welcome on arrival although I am disppointed to ready your comments about your room. All our feedback is shared amongst the teams here and I will certainly highlight your comments to the housekeeping department.