The Seafood Restaurant Accommodation
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Treglos Hotel(Constantine Bay)
St. Moritz Hotel(Wadebridge)
US$202
US$196
  • Restaurant
All reviewsseafood restaurantturbotrick steinfruits de merst neotsroof terracethe set lunch menucomfy roomlovely bathroommini baroysterscar parkfour poster bedstayed two nightsbirthday treatwinter breakvisited padstow
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Perfect short break in Padstow. I would highly recommend the beautiful and wonderfully clean accommodation - and, without saying, the food at this classy establishment. Excellent value for the wonderful experience on offer.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Fantastic setting, amazing ambience and food to die for! The service was top class and all in all we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves!
This seafood restaurant would be great for all occasions and I'd strongly recommend the venue to friends and family. It's most certainly a must when visiting Padstow!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I had booked a lunch months ago with my fiancé. I was looking forward to it as a lot of people had recommended this place. We booked the lunch for 12:00. On arrival we were taken to our table where I was crammed into a very small space unable to get out to use the bathroom as the table next to us was far too close. The restaurant was a two hour slot and it didn't even get half full in that time, so I don't understand why we had to be crammed in like that. I ordered the mussels for starters and what a disappointment. They were small and undercooked, I was sick for 24 hours after the meal. My fiancé had the fish and chips and his chips were raw in the middle, needless to say he didn't eat them. I have always loved watching Rick Stein and enjoy his cookbooks so I was sorely disappointed with his restaurant. I ordered the lunchtime special was £38.50 and for my main meal I ordered the lobster, however you have to order a side dish which costs an extra £5. Overpriced and overrated. We paid a lot of money, waited months looking forward to it, for me to then be ill for the first 24 hours of my holiday because of the undercooked food. What a shame.

4  Thank Deborah S
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Put together the following ingredients: a central Padstow location; friendly, accommodating and helpful staff; clean, modern and well maintained rooms tastefully decorated and comfortably furnished; spotless bathrooms with show-heads that knock you out; all mod cons; great views of the harbour (depending on your room of course) and a gourmet fish restaurant on your doorstep ... all makes for a superb stay. We were there for several days in room #5 which has the middle terrace overlooking the Camel Estuary and Rock. Then room #7 for two nights; no terrace, but fairly large and windows looking out over both the estuary and the town harbour. Excellent. If you want to treat yourself, then this is the hotel for you, although book early to avoid disappointment!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

You cannot visit Cornwall without making a trip to this restaurant. Unfortunately the highlight of our particular evening was a spectacular lightning storm which lit up the whole harbour area. No such fireworks from the kitchen though. Menu selection was superb, and to be honest my wife enjoyed her meal, mine however was a little disappointing, I selected stone bass Madras curry, as I had been following Rick's Asian safaris, but it was far too hot for my taste and rather disappointing for the price of £39. Wine selection was very impressive and the service by a large contingent of young staff, was excellent and friendly.

1  Thank David S
Nicola D, Guest Relations Manager at The Seafood Restaurant Accommodation, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for your review.

We are glad to hear that you were impressed by the service and wine although we are sorry that we did not exceed your expectations with the curry. We have passed your review onto our executive chef. If you would like to discuss further then please contact us at feedback@rickstein.com.

We hope you will visit us again soon.

Best wishes.