“Think I got the cod's stickleback cousin”
Review of Fryer Tucks Cafe

Fryer Tucks Cafe
Ranked #55 of 91 Restaurants in Padstow
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Tiny piece of cod, which tasted Ok if you didn't eat the soggy batter. Soggy and greasy chips.Overall it wasn't the best fish and chips I've ever tasted, but it was the size of the cod I couldn't get over. Certainly one of the smallest pieces of fish I've ever had from a chippy.

1  Thank Tim_the_Taf
There are newer reviews for Fryer Tucks Cafe

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Called in for 2x cod and chips + 2 x sausage and chips, total cost £22, which I didn't think was too bad. Portion size was pretty good and service was speedy, even though there was a long queue, they seemed to have a really good system of getting customers served quickly.

Given the really bad reviews we had read, I wasn't hoping for too much, but it was actually good, not brilliant as my husband is convinced they served frozen fish rather than fresh, but I can't tell the difference even if they do.... If you want reasonably priced fish and chips, then I would recommend it. You can sit in the restaurant and eat for no extra cost so that's a plus.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Had ours to take away although you can eat in for no extra cost. Great fish and chips, great service.

1  Thank BOND007_12
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Bought three portions of cod and chips. The chips were soggy and undercooked. The batter on the fish was undercooked ie wet and soggy also. The fish portions were small expensive and disappointing. We have been here in the past and found it ok, but on this occasion totally dismal.

2  Thank Mike D
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

This chippy serves freshly cooked food and gives great service.
I've been coming to this area for around 6 years and the only bad thing to be said about the shop is it closes too early!
Brilliant service, friendly staff, great facility to eat in at no extra cost to use the plates & cutlery.
Always a queue out of the door which is a sure sign it's a good un.

1  Thank Wendy B