“Best in Cornwall”
Review of Chip Ahoy

Chip Ahoy
Ranked #26 of 92 Restaurants in Padstow
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Perfectly cooked fish and chips. Made with cornish potatoes and daily landed haddock. We've not had better anywhere.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Visited this following a previous visit to Rick Steins. Steins was overpriced & over-rated & I didn't think much of it. Chip Ahoy was excellent - called in on an evening & had fish & chips. I have to say the portion size was huge, with a really good size piece of fish (Steins...are you listening?). Better still, the fish was fresh fish, not frozen (easy to spot) & was cooked just right. Batter on the fish was tasty & this from me is strong praise, as I tend to leave the batter. Chips were good & plentiful. No complaints from me & will be visiting again.

1  Thank p w
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

I live in the area and have often found the chips here to be pretty good. However, I visited today at 12.30pm, ordered the usual large chips, and as I ate them sat down by the harbour, I realised I got a short straw with my food. Half the chips were cold and hard in the middle, and the other half were mainly green and black all the way through! Worst chips ive had in my life. I have never wrote a review in my life but Chip Ahoy was disgusting today. Would give 0 stars if possible.

3  Thank Ryan A
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

We stopped her for traditional fish and chips with mushy peas. The fish was cooked perfectly and tasted wonderful, as did the peas. The chips however were slightly overlooked and given the cost, I feel the portion size was quite pitiful

Reviewed 1 June 2014

A hot bank holiday by the sea calls for fish and chips. The queue at Steins chippy was a mile long and so we headed for Chip Ahoy where the queue was far shorter.

The chips were hot and fresh but lacked the crispy outside and fluffy inner, the fish however was exceptional. Beautiful light crispy batter, not too thin, not too thick, and well cooked tasty cod.

The half portion was plenty for lunch, and with a very pleasant curry sauce for dipping the chips, a lot cheaper than Steins.

1  Thank Raknowles