“Probably the best chippie in Padstow”
Review of Chip Ahoy

Chip Ahoy
Ranked #30 of 90 Restaurants in Padstow
Oxford
“Probably the best chippie in Padstow”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Based on the reviews, we tried this, having tried a more famous chippie on a previous visit. It was very good, nothing more to say.

• Visited June 2014

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Great chips, ok fish”
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I got one portion of fish and chips from Chip Ahoy and one portion from Rick Steins fish and chip shop to do our own taste comparison last Wednesday evening! We both agreed that the chips were better from Chip Ahoy but the batter on Rick Steins fish was better! Portion was bigger from Chip Ahoy and marginally cheaper but not enough to worry about. It was quite a bit quicker at Rick Steins. Overall would go back to both!

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Rude owner tried to short change me by £10”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

After I asked for my change from a £20 note, he told me he never makes mistakes and mumbled under gus breathe hope you can sleep in your bed tonight. I never heard this comment myself but my wife told me he said this after we had left the shop. By the way the fish and chips where extremely average I have had much better in belfast!

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank lkmurray87
Torpoint, United Kingdom
“Lovely Fish and Chips As usual!!”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Spend a bit of time in Padstow walking in our dog when we are staying in Newquay, and we had several visits to Stein's chippy before we realised it was overpriced and small portions (and not cooked by Stein lol) so we wandered away from the front and a few of years ago we ate at Chip Ahoy and sat outside at the couple of little tables they have outside and they were lovely, so whenever we are in Padstow this is where we always go now. We were in Padstow on Friday so we got Fish and chips and a sausage for the dog and sat and ate them on the back of the car as our car park ticket was running out so we did not have time to sit outside. Lovely fish and chips yet again with lovely crisp batter, not scrappy little bits of chips either, which I hate, and chatty friendly staff aswell and not overpriced. Would recommend and I will definately be back!!

• Visited July 2014
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Best in Cornwall”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Perfectly cooked fish and chips. Made with cornish potatoes and daily landed haddock. We've not had better anywhere.