“Ideal Padstow B&B”
Review of Cyntwell

Cyntwell
Ranked #16 of 55 Padstow B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Stayed for the second time in two years so Wendy and the team are doing something right!

Right down to the chilled milk for my tea and the Marmite to go with my breakfast toast!

Apart from the swimming pool every thing was just right.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Keefley01

Reviewed 9 May 2014

This holiday was the first one that my boyfriend and I had planned together and with him being in his training phase of joining the British Army all we wanted was a peaceful, relaxing getaway for a few days! Having chosen Cyntwell which is just outside the heart of Padstow it was the ideal location for such a trip! Wendy and Sophie were lovely - if there was anything that we wanted or needed they were able to accommodate it! The room we stayed in was beautiful and everything was provided for us upon arrival. This B&B is a little gem and one that I will be recommending and revisiting in years to come.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Abi W
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My mum and I stayed at Cyntwell for 2 nights and I can honestly say we did not want to leave. Upon arrival we were greeted by the owner Wendy who is warm friendly and clearly passionate about her beautiful B & B. Our room was honestly perfect, from the high quality bed linen to the beautiful character furnishings, there was nothing we could fault. The en suite was in contrast to the rustic feel of the bedroom, being modern and fully facilitated including a bath !!. The bed was super comfy and with a fantastic choice of drinks available it was home from home with added luxury. The breakfast was excellent and all freshly cooked and served in the quaint breakfast room by welcoming staff and we have already booked for another visit !! Thanks for making our visit to Padstow a perfect one ...

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Journeywoman13
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I stayed at Cyntwell in late April, while walking the SW Coastal path. It's a delighful old house in one of the main streets, so very central for eating etc. We had a very warm welcome & a fabulous breakfast. Our room was delightful - full of character with a good modern en suite shower room. I'd highly recommend this.

Room Tip: Our twin room overlooked the street. It wasn't at all noisy but it was lovely to see the Padstow...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Judith B
Reviewed 4 May 2014

My friend and I stayed at Cyntwell for 1 night whilst walking the SW footpath. We were charmed immediately by the pretty building, just minutes from the harbour, with flowers and lights round the front door. The Samphire room was pretty, perfectly clean with a spotless bathroom, TV, and a great choice of drinks and biscuits. We overlooked the street and were lucky enough to be staying as the bunting was being put up on the building for the 'Obby 'Oss May Day celebrations. Wendy was really welcoming and the breakfast was delicious and plentiful. We had a lovely stay so thank you!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 May 2014

This B and B has such character and is perfectly appointed only a couple of hundred feet from the centre of Padstow. We were on a one night visit as eating at No. 6 Padstow (you absolutely must go!!!) so it suited us perfectly. We stayed in the twin on the front of the building and it had a lovely window seat that you could sit on and look out down to the harbour. We were really impressed, the room was spotless, the bedding lovely crisp white cotton with scatter cushions and soft good quality towels in the bathroom. Wendy pays a lot of attention to detail which is evident in the rooms with fresh milk, white stuff toiletries and nice selection of teas, coffee and biscuits. Breakfast also good. As it's right in the middle of Padstow there is no parking at Cyntwell but it really isn't too far to walk and you can quickly pull up outside if you need to unload heavy bags. A lovely place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I chose Cyntwell as I had got a course at Rick Stein's seafood school for my boyfriend's birthday, and wanted somewhere within walking distance, and I could not have made a wiser choice.

I was taken by the website and how lovely all the rooms looked and it's proximity to the harbour (I think I got down there in under a minute, at a stroll !). It could not have been better: Wendy is so lovely and welcoming and the room we stayed in (Marram) was airy and highly comfortable, and had a very large bed for my very tall boyfriend, which is a must ! Wendy made sure we had fresh milk for our tea and could not have been more accommodating, even letting me print out our return flight boarding passes on her computer, as we were flying back to London.

The breakfast was very nice and was operated by a simple night-before selection form, and then prepared and served by a lovely lady who was just as warm and welcome as Wendy.

If I return to Padstow, I would certainly not consider staying anywhere else, and I know that my boyfriend loved it and it contributed to a very successful birthday weekend for him; if you are visiting Padstow stay here if you can get a room !

Room Tip: Marram is great if you or your other half are very tall.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple