Recently enjoyed a long weekend at Plantation House with my husband and we couldn't fault it. The house is beautifully kept, comfortable and in a good location for exploring the South Devon downs. The owner and staff were charming and couldn't do enough for us.
Food was excellent - locally sourced, some even foraged, beautifully cooked and well presented.
Beats some 5 star luxury hotels we've stayed in hands down.
We will definitely return.
Only point to note, this is an old house with some steep stairs and no lift, anyone with a disability may need to think twice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A former rectory, this eight bedroom boutique hotel and restaurant,nestling on the sunny side of the river Erme valley, now provides a luxurious blend of rural hospitality and stylish sophistication with a strong emphasis on food. Log fires in the winter, breakfast on the terrace in the summer, yummy new bathrooms. Innovative, classical cooking from the highly experienced chef/patron. Fabulous beaches, Dartmoor, Plymouth, Totnes, Dartmouth, Eden project all close at hand. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Hotels.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Plantation House Hotel and Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Hotel Ermington
- Plantation House Hotel And Restaurant Ermington, Devon