“Another Excellent Meal.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Flintlock Inn

The Flintlock Inn
Ranked #3 of 74 Restaurants in Honiton
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Cheap Eats, Romantic, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Somerset, United Kingdom
“Another Excellent Meal.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

When I go out to socialise it usually always involves a meal, we never go just for a drink, I can recommend The Flintlock Inn without hesitation, whether it is for lunch or dinner, especially Sunday lunch freshly cooked roasted meats, homemade yorkshires, fresh vegetables, a selection of homemade desserts and homemade ice-creams. The evening meals equally as good really good selection of meat and fish dishes, also vegetarian options, I have started a diet and rang in advance to ask if they would do me a Caesar salad which without hesitation the lovely owner Meryl said she would do, when I arrived I then asked any chance I could have Melon for a starter if they had any, and it was done for me, Anyway don't take my word for it, go along and try I guarantee you will go back, It is my favourite place to eat.

• Visited July 2014

Montgomery, United Kingdom
“Excellent pub grub!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

My partner and I ate here one evening whilst staying in the area, booked at quite short notice, but were made to feel very welcomed. the atmosphere of the pub was great and I loved the way the staff were dressed, very smart but casual, especially one of the gentlemen behind the bar who was wearing tweed!

The food was some of the best I've eaten in a pub surrounding, I ordered the Brie as a starter and a Rib eye for a main, one of the best steaks I've eaten! the parsnip gratin which came as a side was amazing, I never thought parsnip could taste so good! My partner ordered the fish cakes as a starter and the Chicken stuffed with leek and asparagus which she also really enjoyed.We even managed to squeeze in a pudding, my partner had the strawberry meringue with butterscotch sauce and I had the ginger cheesecake which was equally as indulgent and very generously portioned, worth leaving room for desert!! The service was great, all staff were very attentive, bubbly and polite, nothing seamed to much trouble for them.

Can't wait to visit again and highly recommend visiting, book in advance as they were very busy when we visited on a Saturday night.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank KevBeck
Holt, United Kingdom
“Lunch Break in a Journey”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

Was looking for a place to stop and have lunch when on our at to Devon. Not wanting to stop at a fast food outlet or diner, we spotted the small sign for the Flintlock Inn. I've never noticed the sign before despite having travelled the road many times on business.

There were a few couple and families in when we arrived but having ordered promptly the food came quickly and it was excellent. Nothing really fancy in our order but good, well cooked and presented dishes.

There are a wide range if specials that looked good and the quality seemed reflected in the food at other tables too.

Families are made very welcome as there were two couples with young children and babies in at the time.

Fully recommend the place, slightly off the main road and more importantly a quiet place on a busy road.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank WiltshireYellowbelly
“Lovely supper”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

We found the Flintlock Inn on the internet whilst driving down to Devon. Planned to meet up with some friends on the way down and needed somewhere to join them for dinner. We called to book a table and were told that they were unfortunately full. We were rather disappointed then 5 minutes later, they called back to say that they could squeeze us in - fantastic. We had a really lovely meal. The owners were very friendly and extremely helpful. All freshly cooked food and the rump steak was especially good. Home made puddings were very good indeed! Highly recommended.

• Visited May 2014
Redruth, United Kingdom
“Wow that was a surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

Just goes to show that you can get great food at a fair price in a pub! With lots of pubs closing due to lack of interest in what they have to offer this is a great example of how it is possible to make the customer happy. I would go along with all the other good reviews 10/10 well done and thanks.

• Visited May 2014