“Excellent food and really good company will go time after time”

The Honiton Wine Bar
Ranked #15 of 75 Restaurants in Honiton
Price range: US$13 - US$23
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: You are welcome to The Honiton Wine Bar for a sundowner glass of wine, or a four course dinner. The old building has a unique atmosphere, friendly and happy staff who really care about your experience. We serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. Our menu changes frequently and special menus each week for Fish Fridays. There are special steak nights on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and a special curry night on Wednesdays. Our main menu runs alongside all our specials.There is a wonderful selection of wine, with three whites, three reds and two rose wines by the glass. We welcome special occasion dinners and love to help to make your evening memorable.Our food is sourced from local suppliers whenever possible, our West Country Steaks are stunning. We serve tap water in specially prepared bottles with the environment in mind.Ring to discuss a special dinner or event. Bookings always advisable.
“Excellent food and really good company will go time after time”
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Brilliant a must visit all staff and chefs very willing to help with your choice of food and drink and will always mix and match which I find really helpful it is a really great friendly and relaxing place to go either for a meal or just a drink and to meet up with friends

devonlilley, Owner at The Honiton Wine Bar, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thank you for your lovely review of our restaurant. Myself and all of the team will always try to make sure our customers have exactly the meal they want if we can oblige. Your regular custom is most appreciated.

Mirandola
“Nice place”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We chose this place by reading the reviews on TripAdvisor and had a very positive experience. It was Saturday night, the place was packed, but the owner found a place for us. The menu has some very interesting dishes. Everything we had was really good. My son ordered a risotto with scallops and it was excellent (we are Italians, we can recognize a good risotto...), as were my husband's lamb rib and my fish salad.
The service was a bit slow, but probably because they were really full. The owner and her staff were really nice. No bad surprises in the bill.

• Visited July 2014
Thank you for your review, I do remember you and your famly, we had to squeeze you in late on a very busy Saturday night! I was I recall a little worried about an Italian family trying our version of a North Italian dish, and I am so pleased that you approved. I hope you had a good journey back home, and I am grateful you took the time to share your experience in Honiton Wine Bar.
Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic food”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Three of us had fantastic food at The Honiton Wine Bar.Two of us ordered burgers and we were really impressed by delicious meaty pork and bacon burgers and hand cut chips.One of us had lasagne and found it tasty and generously portioned.The staff were very friendly and cheerful.Nothing was too much trouble.Once again sadly we had no room for dessert! We were on holiday in Sidmouth and ate lunch out every day and this is one of the best meals we had all week!

• Visited June 2014
Hello wow, thank you for your review, I'm so glad you choose to have part of your holiday with us and we are very touched by your comments.
“Fabulous eatery”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

One of our favourite places to eat. Consistently excellent food and wonderful Lancashire hospitality :) keep up the good work

• Visited July 2014
devonlilley, Owner at The Honiton Wine Bar, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Hello there,

Thank you so much for your lovely review, I am really glad that you enjoyed the food and the service in our wine bar. There is a lovely atmosphere to the restaurant, I always enjoyed eating here for the 15 years I lived in Honiton before I became the owner. It certainly is lively on busy evenings which adds a buzz to our evenings. We all look forward to welcoming you again!
“Fantastic food, atmosphere and staff”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have been eating at the Honiton wine bar for a while now and it just gets better and better.

Lovely atmosphere, all good is prepared fresh and they have great special dishes.

Love it love it love it :-)

1 Thank tonyste