“Honiton wine bar”

Price range: US$13 - US$24
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: You are welcome to The Honiton Wine Bar for a sundowner glass of wine, or a four course dinner. The old building has a unique atmosphere, friendly and happy staff who really care about your experience. We serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. Our menu changes frequently and special menus each week for Fish Fridays. There are special steak nights on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and a special curry night on Wednesdays. Our main menu runs alongside all our specials.There is a wonderful selection of wine, with three whites, three reds and two rose wines by the glass. We welcome special occasion dinners and love to help to make your evening memorable.Our food is sourced from local suppliers whenever possible, our West Country Steaks are stunning. We serve tap water in specially prepared bottles with the environment in mind.Ring to discuss a special dinner or event. Bookings always advisable.
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Just had a delicious meal here! It's steak night Tuesday and Thursday ,I had the rib eye and my husband had the prawn risotto . Lovely atmosphere and friendly staff .

1  Thank David L
devonlilley, Owner at The Honiton Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Hello thank you so much for your review, I am so glad you came to experience one our steak nights, your comments are really appreciated.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

This is a cosy well run little restaurant, great atmosphere, food excellent, will be going again soon

Thank you so much, I really am greatful for your lovely comments, we are trying new food and our customers are really noticing the difference! We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Brilliant a must visit all staff and chefs very willing to help with your choice of food and drink and will always mix and match which I find really helpful it is a really great friendly and relaxing place to go either for a meal or just a drink and to meet up with friends

Thank you for your lovely review of our restaurant. Myself and all of the team will always try to make sure our customers have exactly the meal they want if we can oblige. Your regular custom is most appreciated.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We chose this place by reading the reviews on TripAdvisor and had a very positive experience. It was Saturday night, the place was packed, but the owner found a place for us. The menu has some very interesting dishes. Everything we had was really good. My son ordered a risotto with scallops and it was excellent (we are Italians, we can recognize a good risotto...), as were my husband's lamb rib and my fish salad.
The service was a bit slow, but probably because they were really full. The owner and her staff were really nice. No bad surprises in the bill.

Thank you for your review, I do remember you and your famly, we had to squeeze you in late on a very busy Saturday night! I was I recall a little worried about an Italian family trying our version of a North Italian dish, and I am so pleased that you approved. I hope you had a good journey back home, and I am grateful you took the time to share your experience in Honiton Wine Bar.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Three of us had fantastic food at The Honiton Wine Bar.Two of us ordered burgers and we were really impressed by delicious meaty pork and bacon burgers and hand cut chips.One of us had lasagne and found it tasty and generously portioned.The staff were very friendly and cheerful.Nothing was too much trouble.Once again sadly we had no room for dessert! We were on holiday in Sidmouth and ate lunch out every day and this is one of the best meals we had all week!

Hello wow, thank you for your review, I'm so glad you choose to have part of your holiday with us and we are very touched by your comments.