“Still the best”

Ranked #3 of 74 Restaurants in Honiton
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Been going to Toast ever since it first opened and standards have remained constant. In my experience things normally go slowly downhill after a while. I still visit whenever I can, one of the very few eateries I recommend and when I relocate in the near future one of the few places I shall miss. Thank you to the owners and staff 'The Best'.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I have been going to this cafe since it started and like my own business Bathroomvillage the most important things are service, product,,showroom display and value,May i stress the service is first class followed by the food is outstanding as for the cafe display they have this to perfection and all this capped with great value.Last before you leave take one of their cakes all wrapped up in a little box always a special treat for someone you love.One more thing I believe they are also associated with The Holt which is also a outstanding restaurant

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Couldnt find much by way of teashops in Honiton until we found "Toast". Very friendly and helpful staff - we only wanted tea and a biscuit - biscuits hard to come by in most establishments but we were offered biscotti and gratefully accepted. Some unusual furnishings giving "Toast" an almost unique atmosphere. We were well happy with our tea/biscuits and regret not being able to return for a proper meal. Well done.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

My husband and I visited this restaurant several times on our recent holiday to Devon. We had lunch and brunch there on two separate occasions and I have to say that the food, service, ambiance were first class on both occasions. We ate in the restaurant and outside and it was a complete delight both times. I did also pop in on a Sunday to grab some cakes and whilst it was nearly closing time I do have to say that the person service behind the till was not so friendly and nice as the girls who work there during the week. This women was unhelpful and not very friendly which is a shame. When I asked for a take away coffee she declined saying she had already cleaned the machine. Other than this small issue it was fantastic!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We had been told that 'Toast' was a really good cafe but it took us a while to get there: spot on recommendation. Honiton isn't exactly replete with really good, interesting, places to take a snack or light bite, but this is one. On the high street, Toast is a delightful place with wooden tables and 'rustic' decor. There is a back room, but nicer to eat in the front; both are approached through the foyer where the counter is located and where you will already be tempted by the sight of fresh cakes. The kitchen is visible behind the counter, so you get a sense of how fast the swan is paddling beneath the surface as you find a seat. The service was friendly, and prompt, and flexible enough to cope with indecision and changes of mind patiently. Our visit was just a mid-morning snack, otherwise we might have raided the menu for something bigger, but a big surprise was the excellent price of tea, coffee, cake and buttered toast (what else?) - very good value indeed. Well worth a visit, but if travelling by car you'll need to park a short walk away: on street parking in the high street is limited in scope and duration and it would be a pity to rush the experience.

1  Thank GrumpyGInvernes