“great place for food and families”
Review of Route 303

Route 303
Ranked #41 of 75 Restaurants in Honiton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: ex14 9nd postcode
Taunton, United Kingdom
“great place for food and families”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I took my two nieces out for dinner as a treat for them whilst staying with me for a few days. The girls 6 and 3 were so excited by the décor, the lights, the music and the motor bike they would have been happy to stay looking at this all day. On entering the restaurant we were greeted immediately and shown to a table in the window. The children were given a child's menu which they liked because it had pictures of the food they could choose and soon were saying what they would like to eat, I had a bit of a problem choosing as there was so much food that I would have liked to have tried, in the end I choose what I wanted. The waitress came back and took our order, she spoke to the children appropriately and made them feel grown up. Our drinks soon arrived shortly followed by our food. Well I was so impressed with the size of the children's portions really good value for money and the 3 year old to my amazement ate all of hers. Over all we enjoyed the great dining experience and my nieces had a brilliant time and couldn't wait to tell their mum when they got home about it.

The only thing that I can say is that the tables in the window, though a lovely view across rolling fields, the sun was so strong that the heat was quite intense and the windows would have benefited with a canopy on the outside to shade the inside of the building.

Great time had by all, pleasant helpful and knowledgeable staff, will certainly be eating here again.

Exmouth, United Kingdom
“America in Devon?”
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Have seen this diner every time we have gone to London from exmouth and always wanted to stop in (lived in the USA for 8 years) took my son for a day out and stopped on the way back, when we walked in the door it was the nearest I've got to an American diner in this country, the decor was good and we were pleasantly show to a table by a nice waitress Ordered a bud ( unfortunately not a bud light) and order a child's meal and a Philly cheese after the waitress waited patiently while my son decided ( american's!!!) his food was good and mine was good (hint to chef a philly cheese is not cut up steak with melted cheese) but looking around burgers were big with lots if fries and the milkshakes looked really good! Overall I can say that route 303 is a lot better than the cafés u see along the 303 so I recommend anyone to stop if u are passing, sorry I think I'm to Americanized to appreciate it more but I applaud effort.

1 Thank Enjoydrink
Shaftesbury, United Kingdom
“US Diner Experience in Devon”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We always stop off here on our way to Cornwall, so thought it was about time I wrote about it. Its usually busy when we arrive but the waiting staff always seat us fairly quickly. The menu is vast and we're always spoilt for choice. The food is well cooked, presentation good and we've never had to wait that long for our meals. Prices are variable, depending on what you have. Can't fault it and we know our holiday has begun when we see Route 303 in our sight. Love it there!!!

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Alison G
Sherborne, United Kingdom
“Nice stop off”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Ordered 2 burgers and the portions were very large much to my husband's delight. Very good value for money. Had a pudding to share (profiteroles) which let it down as they were still frozen in the middle unfortunately. Wouldn't make a special journey to eat here but may well stop off sometime if passing.

Farnborough, England, United Kingdom
“Great for breakfast”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Stopped here on the way to Devon and it made a pleasant change from the 'mass produced' rubbish many places serve.
It was very busy and service was as prompt as could be expected with a full restaurant. Food was really nice with the pancakes a highlight and the maple syrup good too. My Husband took on the challenge of the huge cooked breakfast and managed to beat it, just. He reported the food particularly flavoursome with the bacon a highlight.
Good value although worth ordering the large coffee for both size and cost.