“Go on an empty stomach!!”
Review of The Sidmouth Arms

The Sidmouth Arms
Ranked #5 of 75 Restaurants in Honiton
Price range: US$8 - US$24
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Sidmouth Arms is located in the picturesque village of Upottery, just 5 miles from Honiton in the glorious East Devon countryside. Choose from our tempting selection of home cooked culinary delights or simply sit back and enjoy a pint (or two) of one of our very popular, locally brewed, Otter beers! We are open all day, seven days a week, so whatever the occasion, a family gathering, birthday party, impromptu lunch or simply to enjoy a relaxing meal in our traditional country pub, the Sidmouth Arms is perfect for every occasion.
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

We were staying up the road In one of the holiday cottages, nipped down for a quick meal, seated straight away. Good selection on the Menu. We both had Starters and a steak with extra onion rings. Id like to comment on the desserts but I absolutely could not fit one in. The portions are massive. Decor a bit dated but Impressed

There are newer reviews for The Sidmouth Arms

Reviewed 28 February 2014

This is our second visit here and it was good pub food. It was quiet when we arrived, and we were welcomed warmly by the landlord and his wife. Once seated by the young and friendly waitress, we were impressed by the menu. Starters are around a fiver, and mains range from about £12 to £15 and a bit more for steaks (as is usual most places). We shared a plate of whitebait, and then I had the most delicious venison sausages with a very tasty celeriac mash and gravy. Most impressive was the bowl of veg that accompanied our dishes - cooked al dente and not smothered in butter, or sauce, or cream - but all full of flavour. A relatively small dessert menu, but maybe there's more at the weekend. With two drinks each, the bill came to around £50 - not bad.By the time we left, most tables were full and the skittlers had arrived so lots of atmosphere. A nice village pub.

Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

After taking the surroundings of this beautiful village in with my four legged companion ( poppy the springer).
I proceeded under recommendation by a close friend to try the local hostelry.
Upon entering this tidy and charming building I was greeted with a friendly smile and my concerns of muddy paws and dirty boots were eased as I was seated in what I was assured was a dog friendly area. After my order for a drink was taken I was tempted with a menu. Which all looked fantastic and very reasonably priced.
To test the barmaids pleasant mood I asked if it was possible to have a bite of something to eat that was not on the menu ( pending exercise looming).
This request was fulfilled and snack thoroughly enjoyed.
I now have plans to return but not with poppy but the dear friend who helped me stumble on THE SIDMOUTH ARM'S UPOTTERY. DEVON

1  Thank 247pooch
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I recently visited The Sidmouth Arms with some people who had suggested we eat there. I'd had a bad a experience eating there in the past (sick, but gave it benefit of the doubt), but on this occasion because of this I chose not to eat. One of our group was very ill after eating.

The landlord didn't acknowledge us, failing to make basic courteous gestures; saying "hello" and welcoming us, despite the pub being relatively empty. The decor is extremely cold and uninviting with no real character, or atmosphere. It's such a shame that in the beautiful village of Upottery, the pub fails on every level. An appalling experience.

5  Thank Marcoappraisal
Reviewed 27 November 2013

We had a take away from here on a Thursday was really good
Then we ate here on the Sunday evening
My partner had steak excellent he really enjoyed it
I had the soufflé starter was to die for so fluffy just lush
Well worth a visit staff and customers so friendly.

1  Thank juliebaker02