The Heathfield Inn
Home Farm Hotel(Wilmington)
US$132
Lakeview Manor(Honiton)(Great Value!)
US$103
Deer Park Country House Hotel(Buckerell)(Great Value!)
US$168
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Honiton(Honiton)(Great Value!)
US$84
PremierInn.com
US$209
The Tumbling Weir Hotel(Ottery St. Mary)
US$147
US$138
Masons Arms(Branscombe)
US$175
US$170
All reviewsmiddle of a housing estatethe pubgood sizefour poster bedbirthday mealrestaurant menuresident dogbig surprisethatched buildingbrilliant foodroom was largefunction roompiping hothis teambooked a tablea great nights sleepvery pleasant stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 October 2012

I do think that when people come to give a hotel or restaurant a star rating they have to judge each on their own merits and in their own context and expectations.

I stayed here during a business week down in the south west.

when I rang I was told the only room left was the family room, but could have it at single occupancy rate of £55, which for the size of the room (one double bed and two single beds, plus two sofas and a large bathroom) was a bargain

Th bed was comfy and had lots of pillows which I like, and they were good pillows!

The restaurant was in the bar area and had a great menu.

I had the tomato and basil soup which was homemade, and you could tell, with stilton croutons, whihch was amazing I do have to say - even for a soup!!

I then had liver and bacon, which was a huge portion for the price, the mash was a little lumpy but then I didnt really eat it cos I dont like it very much.

Good selection of drinks on offer at the bar including two hand pulled ales.

Breakfast was good, with newspapers for us to read which were there by 7-30am. some cereal, a coffe, some poached eggs on toast and I was content.

This gets 5 stars from me because it is exactly what I wanted at the price I was prepared to pay. The staff were extremely pleasant and the locals were okay with a nothern traveller also!

Will definately be staying again and would recommend to anyone who has a budget around £70 dinner bed and breakfast.

right next to a Tesco filling station also which was handy

Excellent.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We were attending a wedding nearby and were using this as a base. The groom had hired us the honeymoon suite so we were hoping for something special. Sadly it was a bit of a let down. The room was very dated and hadn't been thoroughly cleaned in a long time. The walls were a drab shade of purple, the artwork on the walls was depressing and the four-poster bed was clearly old (the throw was dusty, the mattress sagged and looking up at the roof of the four-poster gave you the impression that you were lying in a coffin). The musty smell didn't help matters either. The small windows meant that very little natural light entered the room which added to the haunted ambiance. It could be a really good room but desperately needs to be redecorated using lighter colours. On the plus side, the bathroom was very good. Pub downstairs was average. Breakfast was a bog standard fry up and there was not really any continental style breakfast available. I had fish and chips for dinner and it was not very enjoyable.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Sunil J
Reviewed 3 September 2012

we have stayed there three times and have always had a warm welcome just returned from there and the managers who were looking after the place from plymouth nothing was too much trouble very friendly and homely, carlos the owner is the same.
Rooms are tidy and clean ,food is good especially the bar menu.

Room Tip: Room s 2 and 3 are very nice also the four poster room no 5
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2012

You know that you have made the wrong decision when on entering the Heathfield Inn,Honiton,Devon you are met by a large dog(which has the run of the hotel,upstairs and down). Having completed the necessary paper work I am shown to my room(complete with large dog fighting its way past everyone on the stairs).Upstairs in the corridor there is a bed propped against the wall and two dis-used T.V.s stacked alongside.Entering the room,it is a good sized bedroom.On closer inspection,in my opinion ,the room was last cleaned when the bed was installed- and that was a long time ago.The area was thick with fluff and dust,and had empty sweet packets and old sweets around it.
Next the bathroom.
A large bathroom with nearly matching units.These were overshadowed by the black mould on the ceiling and walls,the amount of scale on the bath taps and even the plugs do not fit.
To complement this,provided was the well used toilet brush complete with you-know-what.
The best part of my stay was breakfast,which was good-albeit you have to wait till the dog has been escorted outside to toilet.
Time to checkout.
Visit again-not likely.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
7  Thank clive w
jujudevon, Owner at The Heathfield Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2012

The Heathfield Inn is a frendly family run small hotel in Devon and yes we have a large family dog and what a warm welcome you get from here, Star has the run of the hotel when we are closed and i cant see it being a problem if i take her out for a toilet before my day starts ie, breakfast, we have nearly up dated all our Bedrooms/Barthrooms now only 2 to go however things were not as bad as this guest has said. toilet brush, a bit old so i replaced it however no sign of you no what on it in any way or form. thankyou for your coments.

Reviewed 1 August 2012

The lunch time menu is good, there is something for everyone and the price is right. The service was excellent and the food came out piping hot. It is good for us because we can take our dog in. Staff are very friendly and attentive. Will go back again.

Room Tip: Only went there for lunch.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple