“Excellent”

The Wildflower Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 14 Restaurants in Yelverton
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Good choice on the menu - deserve to do well. Fresh ingredients and good presentation - service was excellent

Visited August 2014

Lucinges, Rhone-Alpes, France
“60th Birthday celebrations”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We were a party of 12 celebrating my Husband's 60th Birthday. At the outset although we were expected and our reservation was in place there seemed to be some uncertainty about the canapes and sparkling wine i had pre-ordered some months before the event. Despite this initial setback which i felt created both disappointment and disquietude, the management stepped into the breach. With great delicacy and within a very short delay the sparkling wine was flowing and canapes arrived, which even though not prepared in advance and with foresight were nonetheless artistically and creatively presented. The sit down food was excellent, the menu varied, with lots of choice and excellent value for money. Service was attentive and professional. The wine choices were varied and presentation and temperature excellent. The restaurant has a beautiful ambiance, with a fabulous outlook, well suited to celebration dining. We all enjoyed a marvellous evening and recommend whole heartedly this establishment.

Visited April 2014
Moorland_GM, General Manager at The Wildflower Restaurant, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Cherry H,

Very many thanks for your kind review following your husband's special birthday last month. We do apologise for the initial reception confusion over the drinks and canapes and we are pleased to read that you enjoyed what we prepared for you. I do understand how this must have caused concern at the start of the evening.

I was also very pleased to see that we were able to look afte you all so well during the rest of the evening and thank you for sharing your delight at our offering. It is very rewarding for us to know we have done well and made such a good evening for you.

Thank you again and I hope we will be able to look after you all again on another occasion.

Regards

Andrew Jenkins
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Excellent Easter Sunday lunch for large party”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We booked Easter Sunday lunch for a party of 21 plus 3 kids and had a fantastic meal.

The restaurant was full to capacity plus a medium size wedding was on so I was slightly nervous after previous reviews but I shouldn't have been.

The food was fantastic, service impeccable and atmosphere great. Nothing was too much trouble even with a 9 month old baby in the high chair.

I would have no hesitation going back or recommending the hotel for lunch.

• Visited April 2014
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Lunch was excellent”
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Visited here back in last year was very good value and the food was cooked well, service was good and nothing was to much trouble, was a relaxed atmosphere, nice and chilled, and not to busy probably because of the time of year, thumbs up

• Visited October 2013
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“first class”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I have lived within walking distance of this venue for the last eight years and visited the bar and restaurant previously without being very impressed, I have just had a meal in the wildflower restaurant and I can say it has been one of the best dining experiences I have had in the Plymouth area, the waiting staff were friendly and attentive, the service was just right (we had a three course meal over a 2 hour period) even though there was a coach party in the restuarant. It was priced almost the same as some of the local pub restuarants and above all the food was too a very high standard. I think since the new owners have taken over, the place generally has been transformed. Well done we will be back

• Visited April 2014
Moorland_GM, General Manager at The Wildflower Restaurant, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear jonesygr,

Many thanks for your kind review following your recent visit to The Wildflower Restaurant, I was very pleased to see how much you enjoyed your time here with us and that we were able to surpass your expectations!

I was especially pleased to see what good value you found us to be as well as how well the service and kitchen team looked after you. Hope we'll see you again soon.

Regards